Ex ditches a friend who is interested in me, why?

So I started speaking regularly to a guy I thought was just an acquaintance to my ex and we built up a nice friendship. Randomly my ex contacted me making chit chat and then casually asked me "so you're talking to so and so" I said I was talking to several people about many topics. He said "yes but you are talking to this guy particularly? I have a high respect for him as a friend." and went on to describe how the guy was a mentor to him. Then he cut the convo short and left. I thought this was odd behavior and I realized it might be because the guy expressed liking me to him. I then approached my friend about it. He told me he did like me but this was not how he wanted it to come out. He said he went to my ex to inform my ex he was interested and asked if it was okay to pursue me (bro code). He said my ex told him all about our relationship (making himself look like a victim in the whole break up he initiated) and then said it was okay to date me as my ex has moved on with someone else. That it didn't matter. He then asked my ex to promise not to address me about it. He said my ex swore he would not. SInce then my ex has not contacted me, but he also has been ignoring this guy he said was his friend too. Why?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• He wasn't over you. Your new friend obeyed the bros before hoes laws, so your ex couldn't really deny him the hunt. But he has some sort of feelings for you, so he isn't cool with your new friend pursuing you.