Why is it hard for girls to move on from a cheater

i have a girl that's my best friend but she got cheated on from my other friend so we talk everyday and she's always sad about him and she even went back out with him now every time we talk its always about him I do my best to cheer her up I do everything because I really like her and want her to be happy why can't she forget about him and move on and be happy

194

Most Helpful Girl

• Females are more emotionally attracted to men then men are to women (GENERALLY). We tend to form a complete image of the man complete with psycho-analysis (right or wrong) and that forms our opinion of the man. Not to say that men can't like a women for who she is, but you have the ability to go "why do you like her", list three aspects and be done... if that makes sense. We think of relationships differently due to society and mating or whatever but when a guy breaks a women's image it makes her lose confidence on so many other levels after she becomes emotionally attached to them. (Also if they had sex its a double whammy because women become way more attached to guys after sex... something about releasing hormones... something science-y :P). So I guess its OK for her to be really hurt. If this lasts for more then a month (AT MOST) you should be concerned. AT MOST. If its consuming her, you know her best. Maybe try talking to her in an intimate setting so she feels comfortable just talking to you about this and so she can vent and help word-barf this guy out of her system (women are comforted by talking about things). I don't know if you like her romantically or not, but depending on the type of person she is, you should try to distract her. Start giving her good memories to think about (like going hiking or to an amusement park or something). And you should tell her your opinion as a friend that he is no good for her and plan it out carefully. Just find a way to add more really good days. Don't talk about him if its not the time. But I'm glad that you're concerned for your friend. You just need to appeal to her rational time and proove that at least for the moment that she can make better memories by moving on :) good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE