Why did My ex boyfriend sent me an inbox at the end of the first month of NC

So he broke up with me after an almost 3 year relationship from a day to another, saying he grew out of love. I have been applying the no contact rule for a month now, with no contact at all, and suddenly I got an inbox from him yesterday calling me how he used to call me when we were together, wishing me luck for my eye surgery, which I don't know how he found out of. Why did he do that? Is he just being condescending?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One of two things are likely going on here, either he has discovered that he hadn't fallen out of love with you, he had just moved on to a more mature phase but didn't recognize it for what it was, or the other possibility is that he really is not wanting a romantic relationship anymore but still cares about you as a person. Guys his age often don't really understand their own feelings very well, you were probably ready to get married, he dreaded being tied down.

I'm pretty certain he wasn't being condescending - read some of my other answers and you'll see that I'm not a sympathetic person.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank You for this, it really helps since I am very confused

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• People don't get over 3 years so quickly. While he had his reasons for 'growing out of love', he still loves you at some level.

Quite possibly he just wants his freedom for a while. It sounds like you became exclusive at a pretty young age. Maybe he thinks, too young.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am 21 and he is 26, that is what confuses me most. I am the young one haha

• He's still pretty young himself!

• Seems he misses you

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Who knows one thing I have learned don't read into anything don't assume anything and wait for them to say their intentions in black and white. Until then its just an email from someone you know wishing you luck. Treat it and him as such.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes