Have You Ever Cheated and If So, Why?

I've never but I wonder if it will ever happen to me. I wonder if I get married to my boyfriend if in 20 years he would discard me for someone younger and prettier.

But is it always a physical thing?

Could it be you found in someone else what you couldn't in your partner? Were you lonely? Did you want revenge? Is it still on going or have you worked through it?

Admittedly I'm feeling a bit disillusioned about the whole love stuff since it doesn't seem like anyone wants to commit. Are humans meant for monogamy?

I'm sure guys wonder the same thing? But it does seem like more men cheat than women (not generalizing but that is how it seems when I see friends get cheated on, my own mother, or celebs, etc)

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I am worried about that too, sometimes I wonder if I am better off marrying a guy slightly older so I will always be the "hot younger woman"

and I love older men. I'm 22 I love 30-35 year olds, so hot!

I still am convinced men cheat more than women because men have a natural desire to have sex with many women while women are more monogamous because they are seeking a father to protect a baby. men can impregnate multiple women a day while women can only have one full-term pregnancy a year!

i think it is harder for men to stay faithful than women because for them sex is much less tied to emotion than it is for women. a lot of women only feel the desire to have sex in connection to feelings and intimacy. I know that I do not enjoy sex without an emotional connection but most men do.

you honestly have to have a good and committed husband who wants to make it work. you also need to be willing to compromise, both parties do in a relationship.

we all have a desire for sex but let's face it some women may stop having sex completely. to a man committed to her, stopping to have sex for a long time is going to frustrate him immensely unless there is some valid reason. cutting a man committed to you off from his sex is like being emotionally cold and mean to a woman.

one wise long-married woman once said "if you don't let him plow you he will go to the grass next door". Basically, keep him satisfied.

i think if you have a good man who is committed to being married and a loyal person he will not cheat, especially if he truly cares for you and is being satisfied at home.

Some people are unfaithful and do not care enough to be or may have some psychological issue. Some men are never faithful and honestly I think this stems from some psychological insecurity or problem.

But a one-time cheat may be some other dissatisfaction or insecurity of the individual.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE