Manipulative, dishonest ex or just misunderstood?

My ex has been emailing me on and off for years (as friends) and all day, every day over the past few months. He said he had split with the mother of his kid about a year ago, apparently she is with someone else and he keeps saying I have always been the one true love in his life and he wants us to be together when I move back to my hometown (soon) with a look to move in together when we see how things go. I have always loved him but moved away with my family. Anyway, I find an advert for her child care business online (as I was looking for his postcode to mail a present to him) which she references a qualification in March 2013 and she also states she lives with her partner of 5 years (and mentions his name) and his address as the business address (as she works from home). It's confusing as he literally texts me non stop every night until midnight, he surely wouldn't get away with it if she was there?

My question is - do I ring him and tell him never to contact me again? do I contact her and make her aware of all the messages I have and the story he has told me? or do I sit back like nothing is wrong and pretend I know nothing until I have got solid evidence? (I'm afraid if he IS being dishonest and I just ask him, that he will just try to lie his way out of it)

20