How can I move on from only love?

how can I get over this guy?ive tried EVERYTHING and I can't move in.ive tried meeting other guys, who all just remind me of him, I've tried working on myself, going out and doing things I've always wanted to do,ive tried being friends with him,ive tried ignoring him,i just can't let it go.he really helped me through a lot of things and he's the only guy I've ever loved.ive never even considered being with anyone before I met him and he doest want to be with me, so how can I move on?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• ok from my experience and iv had two pretty tough break ups before is that you can not move on until you actually want to. ill give an example, if I say I'm going to start a diet because I am getting fat, I know I should, I need to etc etc I will probably fail or give in to temptation when I'm feeling a certain mood why? because I didn't really WANT to do this diet. I only did it because I knew I needed to or should or whatever. Really wanting something can give you a drive, strength and motivation to be able to accomplish anything no matter what roadblocks come up.

So what I am saying is somehow you need to find the desire to actually WANT to move on. until you actually want to release yourself of these feelings like truly want to you never will be free of them!

I think the first thing you need to do is accept that it is over. him trying to help you may seem compassionate on his behalf but honestly I think he is doing it to eleviate a lot of his guilt. being around a person you are trying to get over won't help for sure!

I obviously don't know the situation or why you broke up but somehow you need to twist things and turn things around so that you suddenly desire forgetting all about him. even if you thought he was perfect and amazing say to yoruself, how dare he dump me, make me feel this pain I hate what he is making me feel I will not let him have the satisfation of breaking my heart. whatever you need to say even if were the one at fault or "deserved" to be dumped you need to twist it in a way that makes you want to forget about it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE