Should I tell my ex about the new guy?

Hi peoples I have a question.

My ex and I have been great friends for a long time the thing is he's still in love with me like crazy! I've already told him ill never feel the same and he's accepted that. Recently I found someone new and we are both attracted to each other emotionally ike crazy! We both make each other So happy and he asked me to be his girlfriend. But I Haven't decided yet. I Haven't been with anyone else besides my ex of 5years and I'm not sure if I should tell him that I want to date this new guy. So my question is, should I tell him or not? Or, maybe wait it out?
Updates:
I appreciate all of your advices :)

Its been very helpful!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "My ex and I have been great friends for a long time the thing is he's still in love with me like crazy! I've already told him ill never feel the same and he's accepted that."

Silly girl. You've apparently never been on the other side of the fence.

Your ex hasn't "accepted" jack sh*t. He's hoping that you'll decide you made a horrible mistake and want to get back together with him.

I pity this poor son of a bitch, it's going to hurt like hell when he starts seeing pictures of you and your new guy on Facebook.

2|1
    0|0
    • Tell him, make sure he knows it, and make sure he sees it. He's not going to move on until he does, and if you AREN'T upfront about it, it'll look like you were hiding it, and then he'll probably start blaming you and getting all angry and bitter and sh*t.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Part of me is saying, don't tell him, because you will hurt his feelings alot. But the other part is saying, you should tell him so your ex might lose some of the feelings he has for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks alot! They both make complete sense! Its just very difficult

• Yip.. Tell him.. Being honest will hurt him less than if you hide it ...

Doing the right thing.. has painfull as it is.. Is the best way...

And what a previous person said.. It will help him move on..

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, definitely! He will get over you more quickly.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd tell him, it will only get worse if you try to keep it a secret.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's none of his business.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Better be with the new guy and stop thinking about your ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be much better to tell him so he can start dealing with it rather then him seeing you walking down the street with the new guy. It will be quite a blow if he sees you & didn't know. Just tell him for his sake.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Really, it's none of his business as you are just friends. You shouldn't worry about hurting his feelings when you've been honest with him so far. But don't try to hide it either, if it comes up in conversation then be upfront about it.

1|0
    0|1
  • Thats a difficult one, I can just see him not being NEAR as friendly with you once you tell him you are seeing someone new... And you can't blame him really cause his heart will be broken.

HOWEVER Its probably for the best though, perhaps don't tell him JUST yet till you are sure you want this new guy. Then try and soften the blow with the ex by introducing him to the fact you are still a woman, maybe by not telling him immediately but by showing him you have interest in other guys. Once he's used to that, let him know you are seeing someone. Itll be a bit of a shock if you pop up with a boyfriend but won't be as bad if you let him know that you are ready to date again.

Good luck :) you seem to care for your ex and I hope everything goes well for you both

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes