Do guys feel regret when they cheat? Do they care?

I recently found out through a male friend of mine that my boyfriend was cheating. When questioned, he didn't deny it. I broke up with him and he never once even said he was sorry. For the next 2 weeks he acted like a jerk and said he never even liked me in the first place. Now he's had 2 girlfriends since the breakup 3 weeks ago. He recently told my best friend that it was the biggest mistake of his life. It's very confusing because he acts like nothing ever happened and he even dares to flirt with me and my friends. Does he regret anything he did?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably your best friend twisted his words a little bit, so that you would feel better. The thing is, according to your story, that this guy is a d***head that wants to screw all girls he likes. Maybe it is just this period in life when most of us just want to have sex with a lot of girls without any kind of commitment. I had this period in my life too (and I was a d***head too, btw) that lasted for a year or so, but then I found this lovely girl of mine and we are in relationship for 8 years now. Without cheating, of course.

And by the way, she had a similar wild period! LOL

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It varies from person to person. Some guys think you're supposed to cheat..others feel very guilty about it and won't get over the guilt until they confess everything.

Some guys just are easily led astray by a pretty face; they don't plan on cheating, and don't think they should be held accountable because they 'never meant to cheat.'

0|0
    0|0
  • Its pretty easy. Normal people regret their wrongs. Sociopaths don't give a fck. And if he had any regret he wouldn't have done it more than once. So no he doesn't regret anything. Screw him. Forget him.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're asking the wrong question, regret depends on how he felt about you.

Does he feel guilty for destroying the relationship you guys had?

Most def.

But unfortunately to say that this is a life lesson for him.

You both will move on

0|0
    0|0
  • We do feel regret, but we just can't stop the fun in the first place

0|0
    0|0
  • do I regret cheating my many ex gfs? no! want to know why? because there are many many many other girls out there. its really not even worth the time to say its over just cheat and stop talking to them. all I care about is getting a piece and I'm great at it. better when I actually have the keys to her place and I bring other girls over and leave their panties on the bed as a way to say its over! cheating is pretty awesome!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. In a nutshell, no.

0|0
    0|0
    • Totally wrong in general, and you can't answer this in four words. But, hey, 3 points is 3 points, right, Aercz?

• You want to talk about being totally wrong, when you can't even get my identity right?

Awesome sauce.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes