How do you feel about girls making the first move?

My mom just makes me so frustrated and irritated. She judges me and says I'm desperate because I've made the first move before. I just don't get it. Why can't girls make the first move?
Updates:
She's even said that when a guy DOES actually make the first move, you should make him try harder to get you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't listen to your mother. I don't mean to be rude, but she's probably bitter from all of her missed opportunities because she didn't approach. Many girls will tell you not to do it, because they themselves don't want to do it, and they don't want to be overshadowed by girls who DO do it.

Take it from a guy. Guys love to be approached. It's flattering.

The idea that if a guy likes you he'll definitely approach you is bull. He could be shy. And even confident guys don't approach all the girls they'd possibly be interested in.

1|0
    0|0
    • And the update is totally ridiculous. Most guys will be turned off by playing hard to get. Some guys will not let it faze them. Hardly any guy actually likes it. If you want to easily lose a guy that you have a mutual attraction with, your best bet is to play hard to get. Your mother sounds like she gives terrible advice.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• YEEEES DO IT! PLEASE! Your mom is absolutely, totally, completely clueless about men no offense, if I like a girl and she makes. Some men like a chase, most men don't like too much of a chase, otherwise well assume you aren't interested and move on. Those hard to get games, again GAMES, just piss us off and frustrate us and makes us start to resent even thinking about you. So again, do what you're doing, make the first move if you want to, you will blow his mind and you both will be very happy. Maybe you can sit your mom down and give HER some advice. Good job and good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel challenged... in a good way.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be flattering.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm shy so if a girl makes the first move it gives me more confidence. Don't listen to her if a girl plays hard to get for to long we may give up.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I do it all the time :P though, I've never officially asked a guy out on a date. Usually I'll say something to get a convo going, flirt with him as obvious as possible, let him know bluntly what I think, and we're catching a movie later. I personally believe that women make it way easier on guys to get a date if we just actually show some damn interest. Like guys aren't mind readers, so if your giving him the cold shoulder because you're too nervous to do anything, he's not going to be absolutely sure of himself to ask you out. Some guys do it out of habit, but it makes things way smoother if you just make the initial move to initiate him to pursue you.

I don't believe in playing " hard to get;" its because getting a girl for some guys is difficult enough. Both of you just want to date, so why the hell would you put another obstacle in the way? On purpose? Now of course don't be all desperate and all over him, I mean have some dignity, but don't make the guy do extra work. Its simply not necessary. Men will inherently try to impress you if they feel your worth it anyway, so he'll be walking on eggshells with himself to make sure he exhibits the best possible male appeal to you he can, so that you'll take good consideration of him as your partner.

Nature does most the work with that; girls already have the advantage at being pursued more heavily by men in general, so really a smile and a gesture of approval can go a LONG way in the dating world. Matter of fact, it hasn't failed me yet. I'm not super hot, and I don't have anything particularly appealing about me; I just let dudes know what's up when I like them.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes