How do you feel about girls making the first move?

My mom just makes me so frustrated and irritated. She judges me and says I'm desperate because I've made the first move before. I just don't get it. Why can't girls make the first move?
She's even said that when a guy DOES actually make the first move, you should make him try harder to get you.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't listen to your mother. I don't mean to be rude, but she's probably bitter from all of her missed opportunities because she didn't approach. Many girls will tell you not to do it, because they themselves don't want to do it, and they don't want to be overshadowed by girls who DO do it.

Take it from a guy. Guys love to be approached. It's flattering.

The idea that if a guy likes you he'll definitely approach you is bull. He could be shy. And even confident guys don't approach all the girls they'd possibly be interested in.

• And the update is totally ridiculous. Most guys will be turned off by playing hard to get. Some guys will not let it faze them. Hardly any guy actually likes it. If you want to easily lose a guy that you have a mutual attraction with, your best bet is to play hard to get. Your mother sounds like she gives terrible advice.