My boyfriend "tried" to break up with me right before our trip back to his home

He came over today to make a sandwich with me and goes listen. I love you but I can't live up to your expectations. All if can think about is programming and it makes me happy. When you came over the other day and interrupted it he said that he resented me because he wasn't happy to see me. He wanted to keep programming. This is right before we're suppose to fly back to ohio on the 19th for his birthday. It is so hard to deal with. When I told him that if we break up then I am done. I won't talk to him anymore etc because I don't want to play that game of having my heart smashed over again etc. He said he still wanted to talk to me he just wants to program everyday all day and would choose that over anything everyday. It makes me really sad. I convinced him that we just needed a break. He asked for a month, with the exception of our 4 day trip to Ohio. Should I even hold onto our relationship. I love him to death and I know he loves me but it kills me even more to just give him up before I'm ready to. I would rather get really mad and fed up break up out of anger. I don't want to break up because he likes to program right now when I know he loves me. I just don't get it. It makes me feel foolish. I moved 2000 miles to be with him and I barely get to see him. I don't know many people out here let alone do I fit in... I just want us to work out. Is a month a reasonable amount of time or is that just time for me to hope and then he comes to the conclusion he doesn't want to be with me. Should I just honor the break up? If he's not ready for a relationship can we ever be together in the future. I know myself and I can t go back to someone that hurts me.. that's why I want us to work out otherwise we will be no more.

10