I cheated on my boyfriend. How do I move forward?

I had a few drinks over the weekend and I made out with a guy that I'll probably never see again.

I've been with my current boyfriend for over a year now.

I'm not going to blame it all on the alcohol because I was fully aware of what was going on.

I'm faced with two options, but keeping it a secret is out of the question.

I know what I did was reeally really wrong and I do regret it so if you're just going to make some ratty comment, don't waste your breathe. moving on...

I'll tell the truth about every detail, but I need help as to how I'm going to do it. I'm waiting until after he graduates (tomorrow) and I'm trying to be the greatest girlfriend I could be until then. But when I have to do what I gotta do, how should I go about it?

I more or less expect help on this... tbh, I guess I'm just looking for some magical answer that doesn't exist.

This isn't going to turn out pretty, no matter what angle I take.

But if you can think of a way that will make him just really angry and not heartbroken, let me know... I feel really terrible for what I did. But I can live with him hating me forever as long as he isn't hurt ):

I'm not a bad person. I made a bad mistake, and I'll learn from it. But Right now, I just need help...

Most Helpful Guy

• Start with the "I'm not a bad person, but..." and just tell him you made out with a guy when you were drunk, and you deeply regret it. Tell him you've learned from it, and it won't happen again.

Keep it short, there's not reason to belabor it.

Then see how he reacts. If he's angry, well, that's to be expected , and not such a problem for you, right?

If he seems hurt, tell him you understand and you're terribly sorry for hurting him. Tell him that's what you are most stressed about, hurting him. It's the last thing you wanted to do.

What Guys Said 3

• There is no easy way to say this. To say it didn't mean anything like someone suggested below is a terrible idea. That implies he can cheat on you ( and maybe he should ) because it doesn't mean anything.

I don't know if there is any easy way to say this because I've always felt that if you willing to hurt me so much for some other guy then you should probably be with that guy because he's that important to you. Best thing you can probably do is let the chips fall where they may and hope for the best because if he finds out on his own, you're history.

• Kissing isn't cheating.

• '' I can live him hating me forever as long as he isn't hurt.'' ''I was fully aware of what was going on.'' Why cheat in the first place? It's gonna hurt him either way, unless he just doesn't really care about you, and it's a physical relationship.

• We're been having problems for awhile now right now, so our relationship is basically waiting for him to dump me. And I was mad and I fcked up. I've had urges to do this before but this was the only time I didn't stop someone from doing that.

• That didn't really make sense. d:

He's never said it directly to me, but I know he wants to break up when school ends (he'll be 18, I'm 17) so now, I'm basically just waiting.

For a moment of my life, I thought about myself and my feelings and no one elses.

But that's beside the point. How do I move forward.

• Come clean with him, if not the guilt will eat away at you and sabotage the relationship anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• You made up your mind to tell him. So follow your gut but tell him it really didn't mean anything