Bf says he will break up with me if he finds out that I've cut.

I've been struggling with self harm for a couple of years now, but I'm not one of those people who do it a lot it'd be a once in a while type thing when I'm really upset or need a stress release. I wasn't feeling so good one time and I told him that I just wanted it to be over with and I was saying all this stupid stuff. It turns out I upset him so much that he felt the need to show me how he feels when I cut... So he did it... said that if I ever cut again he will end us. I found this really unfair.. and since then I have cut I don't want him to find out, because I don't want it to be over. I know if I don't want it to be over I shouldn't have done it but, I did. I've got help from councilors, I've tried the butterfly, the rubber-band. But nothing has worked. Help.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I'm going to be completely honest with you and it may be a little harsh so please don't go cut after you read this.

You sound like an outright drama queen and in a relationship, that is a pain in the ass. Cutting is disgusting, unhealthy, and dangerous. Not only that, but it is totally unfair to dump your emotional issues on your boyfriend. It's not unfair for him to want to break up with you; you seem to be providing a dramatic, depressing, moody atmosphere in his life by being the type of girlfriend who is so dramatic and unstable that you hurt yourself. IT'S.ANNOYING. Relationships are not supposed to be full of drama. Guys like females who can move beyond their emotional issues. It's frustrating for guys and girls to be with someone who is so dramatic and doesn't have the strength to deal with their problems the HEALTHY way. He's probably annoyed, frustrated, and tired of all the drama. I don't know what else to tell you, maybe you need to go to some kind of center. But life is short and overall, people generally don't want to deal with this bullsh*t. It is beyond frustrating and while you are being Queen Drama, you guys could be making memories to cherish but that's not possible because you won't get your sh*t together.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Like I said it's not like I am doing it every day it's not my life. He is my life. He knows that but I break easily under pressure. I know its not healthy, it's disgusting etc Do you think I want to do this? you make it out to be so easy but trust me sweetie it is not easy.

• It doesn't matter if you do it every day. The point is that you do it and the results of it; the drama and negativity are annoying. You need to get your sh*t together. You need to get help or something. You are a huge drama queen and to be honest, I don't blame him for being unattracted to the situation.