Ex-boyfriend cheated - possibility of STI - tell current boyfriend?

Yesterday I found out a boyfriend I had a year and a half ago sleeps with anything that walks. On a social media website there was a girl that accused him of sleeping with multiple women at one time. I knew he cheated on me when we were together, but no idea he may have/have had several other sexual partners in the past or when we were together. I was tested for STIs before I was with him and there were no problems. I was not tested before I started sleeping with my current boyfriend. I am getting tested in the next few days, but if everything is okay should I say anything to my current boyfriend? My current boyfriend hates my ex-boyfriend and he is also an expert in STI/HIV/AIDS. I don't want to start a fight if I don't have to. I don't know what to do. If I should say anything to my current boyfriend or not if there is nothing wrong.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're clean, don't say anything.

If you're not clean, definitely tell your boyfriend. Many people don't know that it's illegal to not tell someone you're about to have sex with about an STD that you know you have. You could be sued and/or prosecuted.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Why stir the pot if you don't have any STI now? It's long ago and your current boyfriend wouldn't otherwise care, if no STI was involved..which, let's hope, there isn't.

Obviously, if you do have an STI now, you have to tell him how you contracted it, regardless of the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • That was extremely irresponsible of you not to get tested with your current boyfriend. But you know that. So, with that said, if you are clean, keep it quiet. If you are not, then you're straight screwed.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it turns out you do have an STI, I will kill him for $150 and a dozen blueberry muffins. I LOVE blueberry muffins.

0|0
    0|0
  • get tested and use condoms

if you do have an STI definitely tell him

if you dont, then don't worry about it and don't worry him about it

but if he asks by any chance, then don't lie to him

0|0
    0|0
  • If your OK STI wise, then nothing to worry about. That's sick for someone to sleep with anything that moves. I'm all about quality, not quantity

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell him. THe past should stay in the past.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't say anything if you are clean. However this is why it is advised to get tested after every partner. It let's you know if you have anything and lessens the chance of spreading things. In my opinion it's the only responsible thing to do. So in the future just get tested before the next guy (I also make us get tested before we ever engage in sex to prevent diseases as well).

0|0
    0|0
  • If your re clean I agree with the guy who first comment then don't tell him or put him threw that stress and worrying but then I feel you should be comfortable and let him know after you get tested about what happened and explain to him how you don't wanna keep this away from him you care to much about him to nvm you should tell him after you take the test so he knows your considerate and would never put him at risk of a disease he will thank you and respect you for being honest with him some people are scared to tell there significant other and I stop being my friends friend after she lied to her boyfriend about having a disease she didn't tell him and he was underage and was crying I lost all respect for her because her mom had to tell him and I'm glad youryour smart enough to get checked out my friend didn't cause he was scared so please be honest and tell him

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait until you get the test results before saying anything. Worrying him for no reason is unnecessary and actually kind of cruel. Wait until you know.

Once you know, THEN you can tell him what's going on... IF there is something to tell. If you're negative, there is nothing to tell. No need to create drama if everyone is just fine, you know?

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes