How do to deal with a ex I love and hate

long story short, it's been a off and on relationship where I used to get really mad, clingy, and needy. terrible behaviros include: calling him non stop, sending long angry text messages etc.

he told me he would jsut wait til I calmed down and was nice again, then we would hang out and he would disappear for a few days. I then freaked out and he would avoid and ignore me.

i felt used but couldn't get out of it. finally, it ended when his old friends with benefits popped up again. I found somebody else.

fast forward eight months, he pops up again and wants to hang out. I don't really want to be kinda strung him along. until one day I snapped and went, what's the point? our relationship is dead. it was really unhealthy. I'm really busy for the next whie. sorry dude.

to which he wrote back its OK, I see your point. dude.

i then sent I would like it if we stopped talking, don't ever contact me again.

then I realized that the only way I could get over this hatred completely is to just see him for who he is, meet up and then leave. I've done this with a few ex boyfriends. the closure chat always helps.

he's been ignoring my msgs now. the cycle starts again.

11