Boyfriend has a problem with piercings?

Back when my boyfriend and I were just friends, I mentioned over fb that I wanted to get my nose pierced but decided not to in the end and he said he couldn't imagine me with nose jewellery.

2 months later when we finally got together and started dating, he randomly said out of the blue "I don't understand why people get piercings, like nose and lip piercings" then I said "I had wanted to get my nose pierced a little while ago but decided against it" (referring to our conversation on fb) he just said "whyyyy?"

It was a very short conversation but do you think he deliberately brought it up to kinda deter me from getting it done? (although I had already decided not to)

Do other guys have this problem with girls having piercings?

I only wanted a stud originally. I guess I come off as a nice, polite respectable girl so I can understand how it'd be difficult to imagine but my earlier "rocker teen years" comes out now and again and influences me in these decisions.

Any answers would be appreciated.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like nose rings either, but if I'm dating a girl, I'm dating her, not her nose.

I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of my last girlfriend getting her nipples pierced, but hey, they're her nipples, not mine, and they turned out to be entertaining anyway.