Boyfriend has a problem with piercings?

Back when my boyfriend and I were just friends, I mentioned over fb that I wanted to get my nose pierced but decided not to in the end and he said he couldn't imagine me with nose jewellery.

2 months later when we finally got together and started dating, he randomly said out of the blue "I don't understand why people get piercings, like nose and lip piercings" then I said "I had wanted to get my nose pierced a little while ago but decided against it" (referring to our conversation on fb) he just said "whyyyy?"

It was a very short conversation but do you think he deliberately brought it up to kinda deter me from getting it done? (although I had already decided not to)

Do other guys have this problem with girls having piercings?

I only wanted a stud originally. I guess I come off as a nice, polite respectable girl so I can understand how it'd be difficult to imagine but my earlier "rocker teen years" comes out now and again and influences me in these decisions.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like nose rings either, but if I'm dating a girl, I'm dating her, not her nose.

I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of my last girlfriend getting her nipples pierced, but hey, they're her nipples, not mine, and they turned out to be entertaining anyway.

What Guys Said 2

• He probably had completely forgot about the previous conversation.

Personally, I'm not a fan of piercings. I don't see what purpose they serve, and I think they take away from a girl's natural beauty.

That being said, I'm also a big fan of letting people live their lives. So if someone wants to get a bunch of piercings, then who am I to judge.

• Not even ear or navel piercings? The purpose they serve is that they are body art, just like a tattoo.

• Ear piercings are okay, but even those seem needless. That's just me personally though. I'm not a fan of tattoos either. I understand they are body art, what I was saying is they don't serve any useable purpose. They are just that, art. I guess in most of my travels, I have found that a lot of people, mostly women, get tattoos and piercings so they will be "different" and "stand out" or they think people will like them more because of it.

• yeah I think they are stupid

What Girls Said 2

• I have a nose piercing since I was 14 but that's considered normal where I live. He shouldn't dictate what you need to do with your body and it's only a piercing. You can remove it when you feel like you don't want it anymore. And I think a nose piercing is pretty much more acceptable than a lip piercing which makes you look like a rebel.

• I have my nose done and there isn't nothing wrong.with them