I want to break up with this guy but he's gone and I haven't talked to him for a month.

I know what that sounds like. It sounds like we're already broken up, but no, you don't get it, lol. He's very VERY immature and impulsive. We were living together and one day he woke up and decided he wanted to go stay at his friend's house for a week. His friend lives on the opposite side of the state. So he drives all the way over there, and hasn't been back. He does impulsive stuff like this all the time. It wasn't out of anger or anything.. he just got a wild idea out of nowhere and acted on it. Well, apparently he got a job there, and is currently living in his car. : / He's left every single thing he owns in my apartment. All he had when he left were the clothes on his back. Don't try to make logical sense out of his actions. He doesn't USE logic whenever he makes decisions, so he makes no logical sense.

I've been wanting to break up with him for a while now. But it's hard for me to muster up the guts to since we live together and everything... But anyway. I'm positive he'll back at some point. But I want him to just get his sh*t and leave when he comes back. I don't want him to stay. I've tried and tried contacting him but he won't speak to me. Normally, in this situation, I'd just assume explanations weren't necessary at that point. But it's different because I have an apartment full of his sh*t right now, lol.

What should I do? I'm not keeping his stuff forever. I'll throw it all in the dumpster if he doesn't come get it within a reasonable amount of time. Is that ok? I don't really have anywhere to store this sh*t for him. Also, I kind of like this other guy. He likes me too. What if we start dating, or something, and he comes over I have to explain to him why it appears that a guy lives with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You text him and tell him that if he doesn't come and get his stuff within 14 days, it's going ot goodwill. Period. Change the locks at your place, delete his # from your phone.

2|1
    0|0
    • so only 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to give him to come get it, and I won't be awful for getting rid of all of his things.

• I'd rather you donated than tossed, but yeah, 2 weeks is plenty.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, find a new guy now.

0|0
    1|0
    • oh gee thanks for the helpful advice, lol.

What Girls Said 2

• "I've been wanting to break up with him for a while now. But it's hard for me to muster up the guts to since we live together and everything"

Well it looks like that's not a problem anymore. He's too unreliable to make a good boyfriend, so I think breaking up would be a wise decision. As for his stuff, in some places the law states that if a person moves out of your home and they leave their stuff there for over 30 days, that property is now yours. If I were you I'd leave him one last message saying if he doesn't come get his stuff within the next week it's going to the garbage or goodwill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put all his stuff in a box leaving in e corner of your place or in a closest , once he corms back have it ready. Tell him your done and you have moved on from him, it's not difficult.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes