Randomly ran into guy from my elementary days...

Alright, so I was at a bar in a touristy area outside of my city, and this guy from my grade 3 class recognized me and came up to me to say hi. I have no recollection of him, but he remembers all our classes/teachers together. He asked me for my number and I didn't think much of it and kind of let it go (stopped texting him) not really expecting much to come out of it.

A month later he texts me saying he's back at that bar he met me at. Since then we have been texting quite regularly. Thing is he is a terrible texter. He'll text me make awkward small talk, and then one of us will just end the conversation and not reply.

He always texts me back a few days later with the most random texts. Like "when are you finished work?". And just leave it at that...

He hasn't really asked me out directly. He'll say things like "Do you like to go out on weekends?" and ill be like "Yeah, I usually make a point of it". and all ill get back is "cool". I have nooooo idea what he wants.

Any ideas?

02