"That" girl. Advice please!!

When I was in high school I was extremely naive. I moved from a private school to a very large public school and started getting a lot of attention I'd never received before. Long story short, I fell for the quarter back (the "it" guy) and ended up sleeping together on multiple occasions, hoping one day his loose promises of becoming his girlfriend might become real. Well, it's three years later now and ever since I've thrown myself at a lot of guys, still having those hopes it might become something. It's finally time, I want to create a new image. I'm trying hard not to fall for one night stands and become respectable, a girl that a guy might want for more that one night. But, every time I gain a bit of confidence I hear comments like "hey man that's the chick that slept with jack right? You think I can get on her" or messages like "hey I hear you like football players" or I go on a date with a guy and the next night he sends me nude pictures.

I'm completely lost as to what to do. I'm at a stage that I'm ready for a relationship but where I'm from everyone knows everyone and it feels completely impossible to recreate myself.

Can you please give me some advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You will have to wait until you're out of hs now to recreate yourself. For now, don't go out with anyone at all, tell guys that you've decided to change your style.

You'll have forgotten about all this within a year of graduation, take my word for it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You're asking to go from slut to good girl overnight.

No one is gonna believe you, so you need to remove yourself from the group of people you normally associate now if you want to be taken seriously.

First impressions matter alot. Everyone thinks you're slut and they'll always think that.

Meet new people.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't care how many people other people have slept with as long as they are decent human-beings who are respectful and responsible for the most part. I would never call anyone a "slut." Even if I didn't like the person. It's such a degrading term.

If you see a man on the street & he is of a different skin color than u, it doesn't mean you can call him a racial slur. It doesn't make it right. It's still offensive and reflects very poorly on the person who made the racial slur.Morethan the other1

• Doesn't make it right but you have understand the world as a majority isn't smart or accepting like you.

You're in the minority you know it.

• Yes, well, people living in the world in the past used to be convinced that the world was flat.

& that women were subordinate to men, that only men, not women could become sexually aroused, people used to plunder villages and countries, "crazy" people as well as disabled people were placed into mental asylums, people used to think that by bleeding, a sick person could get better, and calling someone a witch made that person a witch during the Salem Witch Trials. We should be nicer to others.

• Hey!u have a create a image yourself there as a girl who will easily sleep with anyone and this image of you is hard to erase but you have to keep try find a decent guy who will accept you are not judge you with your past and then you must stop sleeping with others behind his back and don't hang with the jocks.best of luck

0|0
    0|0
  • You should just jump into the unknown and see how things will work out. That's for the best.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Why don't you find a boyfriend from another high school?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just show others by your actions that you're a new person. Don't just go out with a guy if he asks you out from now on if you don't really like him. But politely decline if the guy asks you out.

Guys, during the teen years, some of them at least tend to be very immature and jerks-if something happens between a cute girl and a guy, the guy might brag to his friends about how far he went with her. I've read in a magazine once too that in a poll, some guys, after being broke up with by their girlfriend, lied and told others their girlfriends were sluts. (even if it wasn't true). Since the guys were angry and wanted to get back at them. This is what immaturity & hormones do to people-when some people(like guys) can't do something else or take a walk or play a sport to get their anger out instead of taking it out on girls who have hurt them.

My advice would be I know it seems difficult right now, but you have to carry on with your life. If someone makes a rude comment to you, just tell them, "That's not me anymore," or "I'm not the same person I once was. I'm different now."? Or just look at them, right in their eyes, sternly and say, "I don't give a damn what you think. I know who I am (now)" And if people make rude comments to you, remind yourself that if they are judging you that harshly, you don't want to be around those certain people anyways who bring you down instead of accepting you. None of us is perfect.

Remember: it might seem really disheartening now in your life, but you aren't the only one who has faced opposition or prejudice in the world. Many people have faced those things before.

Galileo-some people didn't like him, but Galileo still made something big of himself because he persevered and believed in his future, that he could achieve his goals. Even Albert Einstein he had failed an enginering test or something when he was a young adult, but he went on to do greater and better things. He didn't let failure stop him from keep trying to better himself and/or thrive.

It's never too late to turn your life around. Sometimes you have to go through trials in life, but they make you better appreciate what really matters the most to you in life-simple things that cannot have a pricetag placed upon them.

Also, remember that even saints were sinners once, like: St. Margaret of Cortona, St. Anthony the Great, St. Augustine of Hippo, St. Faustina, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Catherine of Genoa, etc.

“Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree about one of the previous comments that: "Everyone thinks you're a "slut'" and they'll always think that." Don't give others the power to define who you are completely as a person. Your past doesn't fully define who you are. You can't control your past, but you are in control of your present and your future.

Recommended myTakes