Where do I stand with my ex now?

Just a bit of background info...My boyfriend broke up with my 3 weeks ago. He's stressed with long hours at work, financial issues and the fact his son lives in a different country from him (he really misses him and it upset him). He said he can't give a relationship the time it needs. Saying "I'm not saying it's over forever, but it is for now." There was no arguing, pleading or otherwise on my part. It was amicable

So, I decided to go with the no contact rule. He hasn't contacted me. I hadn't contacted him...until today. I sent him a message simply saying "I wanted to wish you a happy fathers day! You're an amazing dad. Don't forget that. Hope you're doing good. Take it easy."

He responded with a straight "thanks" which prompted me to ask if he's OK. To which he said "just dandy." (During our relationship "just dandy" was always used in a sarcastic manner). I'm trying not to over analyse his response and trying to chalk it up to the fact it's fathers day and he's not with his son.

What do you think?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, the most likely explanation is that he misses his son on Fathers' Day.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE