How do I get to be friends with my ex again?

I messed up really bad after our break up to the point where he told me "goodbye forever" 4 months ago because he said I couldn't "move on" or "let go". I really feel awful and just want to be on speaking terms with him again. To make matters worse he started dating a new girl 2 and 1/2 months ago... he is obviously very smitten with the new relationship. How can I reconnect with him? What is the right time to do so and what can I say to make him responsive to talking to me again...even if only as an acquaintance?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You should just be friends with him, and tell him your true intention

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think that most people feel this way when there is a breakup they didn't want.

The problem is that he doesn't want anything to do with you. I know that's harsh, and you probably feel he's being unreasonable, but it's the reality. You say you want to reconnect with him and establish a friendship-type thing. Why? I think it's important to only put an effort in with the people who are willing to do the same.

He's moved on, you should too. Learn from whatever mistakes you made and hope you don't repeat them. There's not much else you can do. If you keep trying to reconnect with him, you'll come across as desperate and unwilling to move on (which seems to be what he was suggesting).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes