Is there still a chance of a relationship even after 2 years has passed?

I'm in love with a guy friend, he's told me in the past he really likes me but isn't ready for a relationship - his ex cheated on him. Recently I spoke to his brother about it and his brother said that I need to get over him, if something was going to happen it would have by now. It's been two years, is his brother right, or could there still be a chance? My instincts tell me that he still has feelings for me but he's listening to the others who keep telling him too much time has passed. What shall I do? I still like him a lot and believe it can work.

20