Right girl, wrong time.

Over Christmas break I met this great girl but we both had to go back to college. When we first went back she didn't keep in touch to much so I figured we were just friends. But then again I never kept in touch with her that much. We would text once in a while but it was never anything big. Then I started a thing with a girl from school and the girl from back home found out and she seemed OK with it. Then the girl from back home and I started talking more and we were gonna spend a lot of time together over the summer. We hung out when we first got home and then we pretty much hang out all the time. We text all the time. But I'm going though a pretty rough situation right now with my girlfriend and this other girl has been at my side though the whole thing . giving me advice, listening to me, and just being the best friend I could ask for right now. She makes me laugh, we get along so well, we just click. She is funny, cute and amazing. But then there is my girlfriend who recently cheated on me(we are still together) and it hasn't been the same since then. But back home girl has been my support though it all. I take her to lunch we hang out and just do random activities. I know her so well, I could never hurt her. We just click. I can be myself with her and I enjoy every moment with her. but then there is my girlfriend and my situation with her. I do really care about my girlfriend but it just seems like we have been forcing the relationship.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Break up with girlfriend. It just isn't working, and I'm pretty sure girlfriend knows about hometown girl.. which could have been the catalyst. And to continue with a broken relationship is a waste of time. Why girlfriend hasn't cut it off with you, I don't know. As for hometown girl... just because you click while you are in a relationship, doesn't mean you will click when you are single. So after you break up with girlfriend, don't jump into another relationship with homegirl. Just keep talking and hanging out. If the sparks are still there after 3 months of both being single, then you know you have something strong to build on.

0|1
    0|0
    • my girlfriend has no idea about hometown girl. And as for waiting 3 months, that's a problem because we both go back to school in 2 months. and we will be 7 hours away.

• to a certain extent, females sense when there is another girl around. And even if you don't mean to, you are neglecting this relationship by thinking about homegirl. So in essence, you are cheating on your girl emotionally with home girl. So break it off, its not fair to either one of you. As for homegirl, You won't gain anything by forcing things, or moving too fast.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I think you are in a relationship with the wrong girl, if its not the same and it seems forced then you shouldn't continue with your girlfriend. the girl back home seems like the perfect girl for you but before doing something you need to know if she still has feelings or not, even if you were only friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if a relationship doesn't seem to work out you should just break it up. and the other girl seems like a perfect match for you actually.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Dump your current girlfriend. If she cheated on you, then she's not worth your time. Plus you feel like you've been "forcing the relationship" anyway. Instead go get this other girl who's been by your side through thick and thin.

0|1
    0|0
    • but I don't want this other girl to feel like she is just a rebound. she knows everything about my current situation and she knows this is has been really hard for me.

• Show All
    • very true. thanks. I'm not one to put up with cheating either.

• Anytime bro. Best of luck to ya.

• Dump the cheating girlfriend. It'll never work...As for the "home town girl", hopefully for you, you aren't friend zoned already...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes