MEN: Would you do this?

I'm female, 26, live in Syd/Aus, City professional. Met a guy - 24, Jehovahs Witness, from a country town via instagram. DISCLAIMER: I did not know he was a JW until he told me after moving.

He came to meet me after we talked for months by phone. He was a bit intense, but it was okay. He decided to move to be near me. He moved and signed a 9 month lease for his place. He is a barista (coffee maker) and seems unhappy with his work/life. He would call and text A LOT and then applied to work at a cafe across from me. It was too much - he also applied at places nearby. I pulled away once I realized how hardcore JW he was (his dad an Elder) and we broke up. He admitted he couldn't give me what I wanted/needed.

He's changed jobs 4 times since moving to my city. The other day, I saw him working at the street behind my work. I was on lunch and on the phone. It really freaked me out. Is this just co-incidence? Why leave the last 3 jobs? He has only been here 2-3months! Why work near me when he knows where I work and live and knows - even when we were together, that I wasn't cool with it.
  • No way would I do that - that's creepy
  • Yeah if it was a good job
  • No - unless I wanted to be near her/see her
    Vote C
  • Yes - it's over - who cares where I work
    Vote D

35

Most Helpful Guy

• JV guys do have a long history of being stalkers; their religion tends to justify such behavior since they're always pressuring people to convert, visiting them, calling, giving them literature and gifts..

I'd be a little worried if I were you, but I don't know what you can do about him unless he does something like follow you home,

It sounds like he has trouble holding a job, so it may just be coincidence he happens to be working so near you. When you were together, he got to know other people in your neighborhood, and he's familiar with it; that probably helps working as a barista, knowing the neighborhood.

• Do they? Where is this documented?

• Well the only thing is, if he felt that way, he would call or message . There's been no contact since breakup - so, yeah should be coincidence - right?

• i know a lot of witnesses and my mom is one and I haven't met a stalking one yet, I have met other guys that were stalkers but they werent witnesses anyway. I don't know this guy but since he was unhappy were he worked and had changed work place a lot before the break up then its not strange that he changed once more. if he started as a cleaner at her work place yea that would be creepy.