What's going through her mind?

me and a girl started dating a couple months ago and a week ago we were sleeping together and I had a seizure that I think kinda scared her. I told her I was epileptic from the start and she didn't care at all. She has thyroid and ovarian cancer and I don't care at all about it she's too wonderful for me to care. She'd constantly tell me I was amazing and where had I been her whole life with every new thing she learned about me. Well we had a conversation by text a week ago where she was crying because she also found out her dad has 3 months tops to live :( Well it eventually lead to her sending me this "Rhys your really really cool and I enjoy being around you but with all this stuff going on I'm scared to enter a relationship but I don't know I'm just list and I don't want to hurt anyone and I feel like a horrible person and whatever happens I don't want to lose you as a friend. I'm so mixed up". Well I really like this girl and had some meaningful times with her. It would hurt to be just her friend :( I'd be lying to her and myself. Well I told her I was really sorry and explained that and broke contact pretty soon after. I don't know I'm kinda understanding what's running through her mind but I'm unhappy too. What do you think is going through her mind? Would it be legit for a girl to do that? Do you think once she gets things figured out she'll want me back? And if so should I give it another shot? We connected so well until now and then it just instantly dropped, even that she was still initiating contact after she dumped me keeping me updated on what she was doing. I still like her a lot and I don't quite know what's best to do for us :(
Oh and if you were thinking about mentioning something about my gun pic yeah she's a GUN FANATIC! so that isn't at all a factor in this

70

Most Helpful Girl

• Would say with the intense emotion of her dad suddenly being close to dying she has no space in her mind or heart to focus on romance right now. She may be numb and/or needing to concentrate solely on these last few months with her father.

I can imagine how hard it is for you to do this, but can you put aside your feelings for a bit and do what will help her - actively be her friend, don't ask for anything more. If you can support her selflessly it will show her how much you care, and there's a good chance her feelings for you will resurface in a few months' time.

• I really do care about her alot... It's just every friendship I've had with an ex in the past turned out horrid and hurtful to both of us, being "friend zoned" is scary. So please understand. I mean if there's a good chance doing what you say will put us back together due to the situation yeah I would. But what should I say? Should I let things cool off a little first like maybe another week? Or contact her now? I'm mixed up now just like her...