Have you ever wanted to move some place else?

Where do you live now? And is there some other country/town/state you would love to move to? And why?

I am in Germany at the moment (bilingual familly) and my biggest dream is to live in an English countryside for a year or two and then move to states and settle there.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to visit and maybe move to New Zealand, because it is the closest place to middle earth here on the planet. :-D

Second reason it's home of the Kiwi bird, my second favorite animal

1|0
    0|0
    • I love the "middle earth" reason :D I wish they named middlands (uk) middle earth, just for pure fun :D

• nah, never gonna happen. New Zealand already holds the rights to that hahaha. Anyways, they have Scotland home of the Highlander which is also immortal. :-P

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I did from Illinois to Arizona (if that counts) The winters in Illinois were just too cold. Now I'm thinking of moving to San Diego for the same reason. Believe it or not it gets below freezing on several occasions in the winter. It snowed twice in one day last year. Only for a few minutes & it didn't stick. So I've decided to go further west.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think about it every day.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Definitely. I live in Canada currently and plan on moving to the States once I finish med school. My ultimate dream would be to save most of my money and open up a small bed and breakfast in an isolated part of some European countryside.

See the world, ya know?

0|0
    0|0
    • omg, finish med school and open a small inn in Europe. Sounds crazy :D I mean, I am doing the same, I have two, almost 3 diplomas but I am working on my own pub plan (somewhere in Europe or states) and it is so cool to see that I am not the only one who wants to see the world and travel and just enjoy.

• Yes. I live in Portugal and would love to move to Canada or to the Netherlands. Also, I would like to visit the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Sometimes in a different country. I am sick of everyone knowing everyone in the same area. And there is nothing fun and affordable to do.

0|0
    0|0
    • I grew up in a small town, I know what you mean ;)

• I live in Mexico but would love to live in autralia or switzerland because they seem really interesting

0|0
    0|0
    • Switzerland is very, very expensive. I'd suggest germany or belgium or The Netherlands.

• I actually lived in Switzerland for a while, awesome place. But ye, Germany sounds like better idea, you can live very close to Switzerland and travel there a lot, but it's not that expensive :)

• Yes, I live in Mexico and I want to live somewhere in the Cote D├ízur

0|0
    0|0
    • I have never heared of Cote Dazur before ;)

• its gorgeous! cote d?azur is the south coast of france, like nice, cannes, saint tropez

• ugh, sounds good to me :D I hope u'll make it there ;)

• Currently in Thailand and would like to relocate somewhere in Europe or the states but then the economical crisis is pretty bad there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg, yes. My goal is to travel more. I want to teach English abroad for a year or two, after I finish my degree. Preferably at least one year in Europe. Spain is my ideal - I would like to live in Madrid. I would be able to visit all the European countries once I'm there *y me encanta el espanol! However, Asia would be interesting as well, and they pay you more money for teaching English. :)

A friend of mine taught in South Korea for a year. Another friend studied abroad in Spain. One guy I knew from college is in China now in some kind of fellowship program. A lot of my friends and associates are also the types who want to experience at least a little bit of traveling. I could also go to Latin America or Africa. I kind of want to see it all. I was considering the Peace Corps, and I still may do that. We will see, one step at a time.

But for now, I'm applying for a paid volunteer program in a different state. I'll be living in another state (I'm American) for one year. I have the option of applying for a second year as well, and they give you reward money for student loans and payments at the end of each year. They have locations all over the country, and American territories like Puerto Rico. I was thinking of San Francisco, but I decided on New Orleans. Its such a random decision for me, because I'm not really into the southern states much, but I really think I'll like it there. The history and culture of the city seem appealing, and it's also less expensive than San Francisco. However, the weather will take some getting used to...

I've already lived in New York City for the better part of 4 years for college. (I have a couple more classes to finish to graduate, but money sucks so I'm waiting!) I love New York City, I think of it as my home, where I belong. However, I'm really from Baltimore, that is where I was born and raised, and I currently live here now. Hopefully, in about a month or two, I will live in New Orleans.

And then after that, who knows. :D

I went to Costa Rica for a couple weeks when I was in high school. I was 16. Not the same in terms of length of time, but I lived with a host family. Only the son spoke English, but he wasn't around much. That was awesome, because otherwise he would have just been there translating the whole time. I ate my meals with them, I talked to them, I went to the daughter's school for some little show the kids were putting on, and I was also with my American group of kids who came to the program as well. We visited a lot of the landmarks and touristy things in the country, we went to a beach on a little island nearby. I had a blast. So I did a lot there and lived there for two weeks. When I came back, I kept singing Kokomo by the Beach Boys. lol

That reminds me, I loved the Trolls when I was a kid and their little version of Kokomo. Sorry, I'm random and weird.

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=YO95tsy7zCQ

my childhood ^__^

0|0
    0|0
    • ha ha ha this is one great answer ! awesome!

Recommended myTakes