Do you have problems accepting what has happened and moving on?

A friend was venting to me and I love her to death... but well... its same sh...stuff different day lol. I thought I would ask this question. Honestly, are you the type of person who has many regrets and cannot accept things are in the past to move on in life? Do you dwell on things you cannot change?

I'll admit I'm human and there are a couple of things I will regret but I don't find myself thinking about them at all. Very rarely I will and its a sad moment but I don't spend a lot of time being upset about it like a lot of people I know.

What about you?

• I do have regrets and I am always thinking about them, I cannot help it.
  • I do have regrets but I rarely think about them.
  • I honestly don't have any regrets and my past doesn't cross my mind.
    Vote C
  • It depends on how much I regret something/Other (Please explain more in an answer).
    Vote D

107

Most Helpful Girl

• I try very hard to accept and surrender, but I do dwell on things I can't change. I have a hard time letting go when I feel truly wronged... especially if it's never made right.

I often think of my regrets, probably more than most people realize. I'm consumed with regret most days. I guess because I genuinely regret *most* of my life. I use things like movies or books to distract myself from feeling overwhelmed, and it works pretty well as a temporary relief. If I find myself bothering people with my feelings of regret, I step back and try to stop being such a downer.

I move on because I don't have a choice... and that's the whole truth, haha!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for BA :-)