Why won't he just end it?

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 2 years ( together for almost 6)... It's been really rocky on both ends. We have a child together. He complains a lot, and doesn't show me much positive attention, but expects perfection from me. Back in December he caught me flirting with women on the Internet and was extremely pissed. I stopped. He takes good care of us, and things aren't always bad. But I feel like he never cares about my feelings about anything.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me like you both need a bit of space to work out what you really want from this relationship. I understand that you have both been together a very long time and have a child together, but that is not a good reason to stay together if things are not working out... It will only become more destructive. Sounds to me like you both need to rekindle that spark that initially brought you together and that I assume you both had in the early part of the relationship. Have a break and see how much you miss each other or how much you both enjoy some time to yourselves, or maybe try to take a short holiday away together.

Either way I feel that the worst thing that you can both do is nothing so that you both end up miserable for a prolonged period of time, which is the last thing you want with a child. I hope you are both able to come up with a solution to this situation... :o)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• perhaps he's just immature. but because he doesn't care abotu your feeligns doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't care about your feeligns but perhaps he's just not good at showing them.

has he always been like this? did you notice a change in his personality or behavior?

but if you are unhappy you need to discuss with him the issues at hand and find a way (if possible) to overcome some of your issues

0|0
    0|0
    • It's been going on off and on for a long time. We've never broken up though. But these conversations happen all the time and nothing gets resolved. We just both get upset.

• Show All
    • a miscarriage can drastically effect a relationship whether it is known or not. it seems to me that there must be a lot of love to be together as long as you have. Perhaps you two could try relationship counseling. It may be a good setting for you two to get out in the open what potential underlying issues might be present.

• often times the biggest issue in solving the problem is figuring out exactly what the problem is

• He won't end it because he's really into you

0|0
    0|0
  • bi sexual, eh?

0|0
    0|1
    • Problem?

• Show All
    • Nobody said anything about abuse. I come on here for advice and you're being really mean.

• I cam here to tell the truth. you're obviously in an abusive relationship, you just won't leave because theirs a kid involved. you're an idiot for staying

What Girls Said 2

• maybe he hasn't been able to man up or he still likes you but doesn't know how to fix things, but I think he still wants you if he gets jealous

0|0
    0|0
    • I've given him chances to end it :/ he's just so confusing agh

• i bet he is, I think he just doesn't know how to deal with the situation, my parents where also how you and your guy are and my mom just stopped pressuring him, she let him be and he then started to pay attention to my mom properly

• I think that you really need to have more communication with him and try to compromise on stuff.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes