I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and my husband wants a divorce?

We have been together 6 years and just had our first child. Yesterday we sat down and he explained that he just didn't feel the same anymore. Everything has been fine the whole time we have been together minimum agreements he seemed happy. Now I have the baby and everything changes do you think maybe he didn't want children?
Updates:
We had been talking about having a baby together for 3 years we tried and nothing ever happened until now. That is why I am confused
Well he is gone.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys panic just after the baby comes. He knows life will never be the same, you will never pay him as much attention, there'll be much greater pressure on him, more responisbility.

A lot of guys run for it at this time.

See if you can get him to agree to a trial period of adjustment to the new lifestyle. Ask him to hang in there a few months and then see how he feels.

Sometimes guys need to get over the urge to run away!

But I'm not going to kid you, he might well still want to run away after a few months. But after 6 years, I'd sure try everything to get him to calm down. Relationship counseling, getting his parents to talk to him..whatever you can think of.

1|0
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• How did the agreement on children happen did you both say it was time or did you push it on him. He could be finding himself terrified with all this new responsibility now and he may not feel he's upto it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't really help you out without knowing why he feels different really...it might not have anything to do with the kid at all...

1|0
    0|0
  • Damn. I always feel sorry for people whose spouses want to divorce them for a 'reason' like this :(

It's possible that he didn't want children. But from everything I've seen, if a guy has any love at all for his partner, pregnancy will make him even more loving and protective towards her, and of course he will be protective and loving towards their child. The fact that he has such a lack of love and protectiveness that he's contemplating divorce is a REALLY BAD sign. Yes, divorces often happen later on. But the fact that he wants to dump his newborn child and the mother of his newborn child suggests that he has serious issues.

3|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you picked the wrong guy.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe he is seeing someone else. Look back at how he was acting when you were pregnant. Sometimes there are tell tell signs that they are cheating you are just so blinded with you so focus on your pregnancy. I hope this is not true for you but some men are just good in hiding.

1|0
    0|0
  • wow. I've never been married or had a child but this is crazy. Maybe he doesn't think he will be a good dad and he is scared

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he's scared or trying to run away with the responsability of having a family, he might want to still be free.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think you should try to talk things out with him, make him understand your afflictions

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes