I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and my husband wants a divorce?

We have been together 6 years and just had our first child. Yesterday we sat down and he explained that he just didn't feel the same anymore. Everything has been fine the whole time we have been together minimum agreements he seemed happy. Now I have the baby and everything changes do you think maybe he didn't want children?
We had been talking about having a baby together for 3 years we tried and nothing ever happened until now. That is why I am confused
Well he is gone.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys panic just after the baby comes. He knows life will never be the same, you will never pay him as much attention, there'll be much greater pressure on him, more responisbility.

A lot of guys run for it at this time.

See if you can get him to agree to a trial period of adjustment to the new lifestyle. Ask him to hang in there a few months and then see how he feels.

Sometimes guys need to get over the urge to run away!

But I'm not going to kid you, he might well still want to run away after a few months. But after 6 years, I'd sure try everything to get him to calm down. Relationship counseling, getting his parents to talk to him..whatever you can think of.