Is it normal to have a hard time forgetting your first boyfriend?

Me and my ex boyfriend were together for 3 months, but we decided to break up because of different schedules, we didn't get to see each other that often and things were starting to get difficult. He was my first everything and now, even after almost 8 months since the break up, I still think about him and even miss him sometimes. I'm not sure if I want to go back to him because things were perfect for us and we can't be together anyway, but I find it so difficult to just let him go. The last week we spent together I was getting tired and angry and I was thinking I couldn't wait to break up with him so I could go out with other guys, but now that I'm single, I'm not dating anyone and I still think about him sometimes.

Is it because he's the only one I've been with?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• If he was doing something that made you terribly upset that last week you were together then you probably shouldn't bother going back to him, he's going to be the same guy.

Look closely at how you feel, think carefully about why you were tired and angry before. If it was because you were just wanting to see what kinds of guys you could find then now that you've been out there and seen that things weren't as much fun as you'd hoped then it might be worth your time to talk to him again - perhaps you had a little maturing to do.

Think it over, if the problems were his, leave him alone. If the problems were yours then call him - if you are serious this time.