Is it normal to have a hard time forgetting your first boyfriend?

Me and my ex boyfriend were together for 3 months, but we decided to break up because of different schedules, we didn't get to see each other that often and things were starting to get difficult. He was my first everything and now, even after almost 8 months since the break up, I still think about him and even miss him sometimes. I'm not sure if I want to go back to him because things were perfect for us and we can't be together anyway, but I find it so difficult to just let him go. The last week we spent together I was getting tired and angry and I was thinking I couldn't wait to break up with him so I could go out with other guys, but now that I'm single, I'm not dating anyone and I still think about him sometimes.

Is it because he's the only one I've been with?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he was doing something that made you terribly upset that last week you were together then you probably shouldn't bother going back to him, he's going to be the same guy.

Look closely at how you feel, think carefully about why you were tired and angry before. If it was because you were just wanting to see what kinds of guys you could find then now that you've been out there and seen that things weren't as much fun as you'd hoped then it might be worth your time to talk to him again - perhaps you had a little maturing to do.

Think it over, if the problems were his, leave him alone. If the problems were yours then call him - if you are serious this time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You don't have to forget him you just have to let go of him and the person you were when you were with him. Don't compare your last relationship with your future ones and you'll be fine. Good luck to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, it is. Start dating and he'll fade away in your memories.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's part of why guys want to marry virgins, lol, and girls think they're hypocrites. The first, and any truly Alpha guys that have great game.

When girls sleep with their first boyfriends, there's incredible bonding there on the girl's part. I knew a girl that attempted suicide over her first when he broke up with her.

I knew another girl, beautiful girl that probably gets asked out every week, that still hasn't gotten over her Alpha boyfriend, despite it being 4 years.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i would say it is normal but you should also try to do somehting to forget him, try to date other guys

1|0
    0|0
  • it is pretty normal but just try to realize that better guys will come your way, this was just a way for you to learn how relationships are

1|0
    0|0
  • yes esp if he was your first everything

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes