Broke up with girlfriend and she's not letting go, What to do?

Broke up with girlfriend and she is still holding on thinking that there's still hope. She also said "its not a good time for this to happen" meaning she have to move out and get apt, which she doesn't want to spend the money for. And she still wants to go on my weekend vac trip with my family, and she wasn't to stay together till November because that's when her jobs is over and she move back to ohio. We are living in Boston MA now.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not keep her as a roommate? Is she dangerous or otherwise unacceptable? I see two problems here, not one, the first is her wellbeing and the second is your relationship status. Honestly it doesn't really matter what your status is because once she goes back to Ohio she can easily move on as you're miles away. So that's not an issue; what is the issue is her current wellbeing I guess, but you can bar her from hanging out with you and just make it into a professional arrangement.

0|1
    0|0
    • I had this type of arrangement work out well in the past too. Its unreasonable to think someone can find a decent new place in less than a month. I say both of you move all her stuff to another room and ride it out unless the situation changes.

• she moving in to another bed room until she finds a place

• I'm happy to hear it. Thank you. And yeah, I'm thanking you, because even though I don't know either of you, you did the right thing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Just bluntly tell her no and ask her to move out by a certain (reasonable) date.

DO NOT touch her, kiss her, HAVE SEX WITH HER or anything that will give her false hope. Just be blunt and tell her it's over for good as you no longer have those types of feelings for her.

Unfortunately you might have to be mean but that's her fault for not listening and respecting your decision.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shellfish much? Her not you! That's just Ridiculous! She has no right to do that you have to right to be happy and if you don't want to be with her then don't just because she wants to its not a one way street. She can rent a room till its time to move she doesn't have to stay.

0|1
    0|0
  • well try not to talk to her unless is to tlak about when can she move out and to tell her that you don't want her in the weekend vacation. you can still do small talk but not spend more time with her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can understand how this is hard for her. I mean she's moving back in 4-5 months and now has to look for a new place because you want to end the relationship. I understand it's "inconvenient" for both of you, but to dump such news on someone and then expect them to move out just months before they are moving anyway is a bit harsh.

0|1
    0|0
    • i didn't know she was going to move back until after the break, so either it was the plan all along and she never told me

What Guys Said 1

• You should block all contacts with her.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes