Jealous ex partner's wife

Should I be concerned for my son (13) safety when he is visiting his father.

his father has long since married this girl and she is not able to get over her jealousy of my son and has tried to come between father and son many times going as far as pretenting to pass out and crying at the very mention of my son's name..my son has also told me he feels she doesn't like him.

my son is also brought up in there arguments...so should I be concerned for my son's safety from this girl?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't show signs of being a stable person. It doesn't sound likely that she'd physically abuse him or critically injure him, BUT it shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility considering her erratic behavior.

I believe You should arrange a meeting for you adults to discuss the matter, with a PROFESSIONAL. Because even though she may not be harming him Physically, THAT IS EMOTIONALLY DAMAGING TO A CHILD REGARDLESS OF AGE! Her behavior needs to be addressed and it needs to STOP. She could be causing damage to your son emotionally/mentally that could harm him for the REST OF HIS LIFE.

You should ask your son how he feels about the situation as well. You, your ex, and your son need to have a discussion. If your Ex can't address the issues, or your sons feelings, then he doesn't need to be around your son.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it's a safety issue, my fathers wife hated me too, couldn't even talk to me, had to talk through my father, even when I was in the same room.

I was never in any danger, and I don't think your son is, but he's 13 and you should let him decide if he wants to be there, if he doesn't like it there don't force him to be there. When I was that age I got to decide more myself, and I tried to avoid my step mother as much as possible, it worked, when she was away I'd come by my father's and we'd have fun together, and when she was there, I could just stay at my mother's instead.

P.S. It does probably NOT help talking about the problem with her, my mother tried, it resulted in me spending alone time, and by that time(10-11), that was a bond I couldn't care to fix, and I don't think she tried her fullest either.

0|0
    0|0
  • his safety? no he's safe its just that she's a bit self centred and stupid

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure it sounds like there should be concern for his safety, but it doesn't sound like a healthy/positive environment for him.

How is your relationship with your ex? Could you bring up your concerns with him?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think she would hurt him, she seems like she'd hurt herself so your ex would feel sorry for her and all that. How old is your son? Maybe he's at the age where he's not obligated to visit his father and he can stay with you the whole time? What does your ex say about this situation?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes