What goes on through a guys head after a break up?

My boyfriend is 18 and I'm 16. He broke up with me because he said our age just was going to make it awkward when I go back to high school and he was in college. Then he asked if we can still be friends and share laughs. Like what's going on in his head?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what goes on in a guy's head after a breakup depends on the relationship and his personal inner-attachment to the girl. If he really doesn't see the prudence in maintaining the relationship then he may decide to end the romance, but not seeing an immediate future for the romance doesn't necessarily correlate to not feeling a strong inner-attachment to the girl. If you really like this guy, and you can envision a future with him, then you should do two things. Firstly, don't let him "win the breakup" by allowing this sort of experience to get you down or discourage you from being happy (basically by showing maturity). Secondly, be his friend so you don't discourage the attachment he feels for you. Being his friend may seem difficult given whatever bitterness you feel, but in doing so, you'll be showing the type of maturity that will impress an older man.

Also, you're 16 so if it doesn't work out you're still going to meet a lot of other men who you will take a liking to. Most women don't meet their husbands until their mid-twenties these days.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE