I need the best advice possible please!

Okay, me and this guy that I haven't been really great friends with..just recently started talking. BUT. Of course, he's tied down. And has been for a WHILE. 2 years to be exact. His girlfriend I happened to be really good friends with and me & him started talking through her. It's ALWAYS the wrong thing to do, and I know this so please don't "bash" me about my actions but me & him have had sex, several times behind her back. He told me this is just "a thing" for him to "get out" all of the freedom he has the capability of BEFORE they choose to marry. Unfortunately, I'm not the girl to just "give out" sex. I've only had sex with one guy before me & this guy started having our thing. Being a girl, I started having feelings. But he didn't help because something about him and the way he talks to me made me feel like it was so much more than just a "fling". He complimented me, he's been here for me when I'm upset, cared about me when I was sick, & we've laid in bed together and he almost fell asleep with his arms around me. Is it just my feelings or does it sound like he's into more than sexually? I would REALLY love the feed back.
Updates:
By the way, this is a guy that we didn't start off as friends. We knew each other for YEARS but never had a close friendship.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• first off I think it'd be cool if you put yourself in your supposed friends shoes... I don't think its right for you to refer to her in that manner as that is not something that you would've done to somebody that you had any semblance of respect for. as somebody who has been cheated on and grew up without a father because he cheated I find it grossly offensive and think that it is a deplorable act and you seem to just be sweeping that under the rug. (btw I don't just blame you but you're the one asking)

besides that it sounds to me like a friends with benefits thing and nothing more. the whole he cares for you thing is something a decent person would do, tell you nice things and help you when you're upset that's just natural. and as for "almost" falling asleep with you that is just again a normal thing, it's comforting.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• He already told you where he stood... he wants to still marry the girl. I am sure he will let you know that he wants more than just sex if he ever decides to end things with the other girl. Seems like one of those situations though where he is likely going to cheat on his wife though...

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, that's why I HATE having feelings for a guy like this because I've told myself SEVERAL times that if he ever wanted to date me, I would say no.

• You don't want advice, you want rationalization for your sh*tty decision making.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's into more than sexually

0|0
    0|0
    • How? How can you tell? I know you can't really determine based off EXACTLY what I say because I know you'd have to see text messages and such, but you being a guy. Can you explain?

What Girls Said 3

• He told you this was a thing to get his freedom and all that before they get married. Which means he is thinking about marrying his girlfriend. You're saying that you're really great friends with him, that's why he's always there for you, because you're really great friends, and if he gets sex as an extra, well that's just great for him.

To be honest, I think he's just a good friend who wants sex with you, nothing more... I could be mistaken, but that's the vibe I get from it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I guess me just being me, which of course because I have feelings that still wouldn't amount up to the fact that I wouldn't date a guy like this. He's going behind his own girlfriends back. I guess it's just my head trying to convince me that something is there. When really, all it is, is what it is. Friends with benefits.

• Show All
    • You make such a good point, thank you so much. Only thing is, how do you "break away" from great sex? lol

• By saying "no", a hard one to say. Just be honest with him, unless you don't want him to know you have feelings for him. Just let him know that you're not really into the sexrelationships and only into real love relationships and that you'd rather leave it now.

• he wants more the secual thing

0|0
    0|0
  • well, he is getting some so of course he will be nice, even more if he needs you to be quiet. it won't go further than a fling, he won't break things up with his gf-

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes