Girlfriend moving to another country for maybe a month, how do I deal with this?

Pretty much the title says a quarter of the story. She has to move from the United States of America to the Philippines because her aunt died and her cousins (Girl of age 6 | Boy of age 2... both potty trained) are abandoned without a dad or a mom. All her other family members are not in an easy situation as my girlfriend is so my girlfriend has to spend some time with them to find them homes before coming back to the USA. My girlfriend is 18 By the way. The reason she is at the most easiest situation to do this is because she is 18 and she has failed her senior year, unlike her twin brother which is now going to college. The rest of her family either don't care or don't know.. I didn't get the whole story. I was probably asking too many questions when she first told me, she was super stressed out. We have known each other for a whole 365 days to this day. Been dating about 357 days to this day. We really hit it off when we first met and we both confessed we were in love with each other a long time ago. It has grown stronger every day since then. I know she won't forget about me but I'm just worried for her. I might be completely ignorant about the Philippines, but I heard it isn't as resourceful or as developed as the USA. And that worries me because if she can't get a job I'm worried she might not be able to take care of herself or the kids before they find a home. And she doesn't want them go to an orphanage because they are very bad in that country. I'm afraid that once she gets there, if she isn't able to find them a home, she will be too kind hearted to leave them in an orphanage and throw away her youth for these kids and I already told her I'm not sticking around for that. I don't care how much I love her I don't want a girlfriend that already has responsibility of more than one child for more than one month. So I told her that if she isn't back by the time school starts for her to start her senior year again I'm breaking up with her. And I know it won't be pretty.. we love each other a lot and it will break both our hearts. Okay so that's about 3/4 of my problem. The last part is that I don't know how long it will take her to get internet, as my phone does not have international service and I can't afford that. She said her grandma in the USA will wire her money to help her with anything so I trust that as she told me she got a new ipod touch a week before she moved so I know she is rich. Maybe she won't have money troubles and won't need a job and there will be more time for us to communicate? And yes I know about the time difference, I'm willing to sleep at day and stay up at night for her. My point is I don't know how long it will take for her to get internet so we can communicate. And before she went we kinda got in a fight about religion which probably wasn't good on us. Please can anyone give me advice? I certainly need it.
You people have opened my eyes in many ways other can not. It may be opinions from strangers over the internet, but I learn from reading and experiencing rather than having someone tell me. I hate verbal lectures which is why I find the internet so resourceful. I will link this page to my girlfriend to see my old feelings and the new that you people have brought out. You all should be proud of yourself for bringing a man out of a boy. I submit this update with humility. Thank you all.

92

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, your taking this to the extreme. One part stands out that you said that may have a negative effect on your relationship."So I told her that if she isn't back by the time school starts for her to start her senior year again I'm breaking up with her" Seriously dude? that's weak on your part I'm in Afghanistan been so for 6 months I got another 7 till I'm back home, yet my now Fiance is still there waiting on me while we don't talk much we get some time to talk and it's great. This is a test of your will power be a man stand up and support her through this. Honestly your being selfish to only thing of you really. She needs your support while she does this not you leaving her.

• Thank you for this answer and your service. I hope the time goes by quickly so that you can go home soon. :)

• Thanks I'm ready to be home still over half a year though. Also don't thank me for the service thank you for supporting what we do, I'm no hero I'm just a grunt.

• Heroes come in many forms, but believe what you will. I wish you the best of luck, though and I hope you see her soon. :)