Do you think he likes me or is just enjoying his time? what's your views on the age gap?

I met this guy 4 weeks ago at my local club. We danced together all night and also, by chance, met there again the next week in exactly the same place. I've stayed at his twice after the night but he's always insisted on me having the bed and him going on the floor. He's never tried anything on. He's a bit older than me (38...and I'm 22). This weekend was my birthday and I was about 33 miles away in another town. He text me asking if I was out tonight and when I told him I was out of town, he ended up driving all the 33 miles to spend that night with me because he wanted to see me. In the morning I had some trouble with losing my stuff...long story...but he drove me like 70 miles just to get it back...then took me to the boat so I could go back to my island for my birthday. he waited with me 45 minutes even though I said he really didn't have to. but there's a catch...he has a partner (kind of) but she's in another country and doesn't want to move back and he doesn't want to move there. she's been there for 2 years now. in the car I was talking to him like ''just try to fix something with her...just talk to her cause you can't go on like that forever'' he was happy someone understood his situation. then I said ''just do what ever makes you happy''. then he said...''at the moment, you make me happy''.

I like him so, so much but I don't know what he feels for me. Please shed some light. Thanks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Only he can tell you exactly what he is feeling and thinking so I highly suggest you have that talk with him to define what is going on. From what you have shared to me it sounds like he is being respectful but he obviously is interested and cares to some degree to go so out of his way for you. I don't believe a guy that was passing and enjoying his time would drive 100 miles for you.

Maybe he's holding back because of his partner. While she isn't around she still was his partner for some reason.

He might not be "over" her enough to really have a relationship with someone else and that is something you need to ask him upfront if you are looking for something more serious. I think its important to talk with him and see what exactly he's looking for and expecting so you are on the same page.

I personally don't see a problem with the age gap. The only time I see a problem with age gaps are when the people are truly in different stages in life and so they just aren't compatible anymore. For example one wants children and the other is past the years they want to have them or big conflicting things like that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• he's conflicted. you are there and he's probably into while he has a "partner" (?wife?) in another country. It seems to me that you are sort of his surrogate wife whie she is gone, so he will dote on you, take care of you, do things for you but I wonder since he hasn't made a move if he can 't commit 100% to you.

I don't think the age gap has much to do with his processes here but more his "partner" in the far off land influencing his behavior

0|0
    0|0
  • He is feeling "oh man, I'm gonna get to bang this 22 year old, I'm nearly 40...and get to cheat on my partner! WHOO HOO!"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Ugh... He has a girlfriend. And this is a bottom line. I know it's tempting and you like him but unless he is going to break up with her keep your distance, just for your own sake. Make sure he is single when you can start something. The age thing is not that bad, I know couples with age difference like this, but if I were you I would "hold my legs crossed" for a while, till I am sure he likes me and I am not just a great young fresh catch for him.

Hope it all goes well for you, good luck;)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's obvious, the attraction is mutual here.

You need to ask him if he's still in love with his gf.

0|0
    0|0
  • he obviously is into you!

1|0
    0|0
  • he is obviously into you. now its up to you if you will sleep with a man that has a gf

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes