My son doesn't like my long term boyfriend?

I have been with my boyfriend almost 6 years, my son is 7. Most of the time they have a great relationship and I know my boyfriend loves my son very much.

My boyfriend can have a temper, and sometimes when he's in a bad mood he doesn't think before he speaks. So the other night he had his bad moment, yelled and carried on and slammed a door. My son afterward went on to tell me that he doesn't like him and wants to move away, Again, this only happens once and a while. He is not physical towards us at all.

What should I do? Should I move my son and I out? I love my boyfriend, he is good to us. Would I be wrong to stay with him?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• he's a child so while his opinion shouldn't be totally disregarded and of course as his mother you want to do everything for him you can...but this is an issue that needs to be addressed between you and your boyfriend. Let him know that you can handle the ocasional fight but that it has a very big impact on your son. He's only a child but it makes him uncomfortable to the point that he doesn't want to be around you. So let him know that you want him to be around and 99% of the time your son does too... but your dude has got to learn how to handle his anger around a child. Not only because it may make the child uncomfortable but it isn't a good influence or role model to see an adult male behaving like that

good luck!