My girl wants to move in with me, but I don't.. Help?

I have 4 days until she moves in, I can't figure a way to tell her that I'm not ready to take our relationship to this level.

I love my personal space and privacy, but I love her too.

Any advice on how can I convince her to not move in with me without hurting her feelings?

Updates:
Yo thanks for the answers guys! I couldn't tell her the truth and I guess I love her more than I love my privacy.. So she's moving in, movie/game nights every night :D

Again thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her know the truth a relationship should have communication. Tell her that you lover her so much but your not ready to move in together just yet, you want to eventually but not yet.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• You are going to have to tell her because she can't move in with you. If she does, you will most likely break up with her in favour of your own personal space and privacy.

Just bite the bullet and talk to her. Time is quickly approaching. It's going to be hard to talk to her, she's going to be upset (because in a girl's mind moving in is a huge step towards more down the road). But you should frame it somehow like this: "I love you, and I want you to know that you are important to me. That is why I really want you to know that I'm not ready to live with you yet." Explain why you feel you aren't ready. You value your personal space and privacy and aren't sure that you are ready to take that next step (and that's okay!).

She will probably be upset, but it's going to be hard to avoid it, since you already agreed to let her move in with you somehow. But be honest with her, she deserves to know and you shouldn't rush into something if you know you aren't ready.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm glad you were able to figure out what you valued most. If you do truly love her, maybe giving up your privacy isn't suck a big deal. Besides, as long as you both have outside interests that you can pursue on your own, and you can have time to pursue those interests, it gives you both space to develop as individuals. That is important! Especially if you combine all other aspects of your lives!

• You need to say exactly what you said in your question...I wouldn't change anything! but 4 days doesn't really leave her much time to find another living arrangement. So,Yea,she might be a little angry ...But you are being honest and there's nothing you can do to change the way you feel. She will get over it eventually if she loves you as much as you claim to love her

0|0
    0|0
  • just talk to her, she should be able to handle the truth.

0|0
    0|0
  • just tell her you don't want her to

0|0
    0|0
  • tell her you thought about how big of a commitment it is and that you don't want to accept it until you feel complete sure about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No advice other then be honest with her and tell her it's a big step and youj're not there yet

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It's a no win situation. You're going to hurt her feelings.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes