Did my boyfriend break up with me?

So I had my baby 3 days ago and I decided to give the baby my last name without telling my boyfriend but I let him name the baby and give her 2 middle names.. he's mad at me he told me that we can just make our own decisions from now on and he said the only time I can call him is if I'm telling him about the baby.. I texted him and told him that we can change the last name to his if he let me give our daughter one middle name but he didn't reply I texted him 3 other times but he didn't reply and I called him 4 times.. I don't know if he broke up with me.. I just don't know what to do... please help

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You texted and called him enough times now so lay off that for the time being. I don't blame him for getting upset over the last name thing of his daughter. Unless you had planned on breaking up with him you should have at least talked about the baby's full name and gave it much thought and consideration, and also after consulting with your parents. If he was the kind of guy that had put much into your relationship, you love him, and you would consider marrying him, then using his last name was the proper thing to do, or at least have it incorporated in the last name like "Smith-Johnson" or Johnson-Smith". If you've offered to change the last name to his it's up to him to respond back to you and he will. Right now he needs a little cooling off period so give him that. Once he stops to think about your offering to change the name to his it'll be much better for the two of you to talk about his and your future. If you think he'll be in the picture in some manner down the road as the baby grows up, it's only normal for him to want his name in the picture, otherwise she'll be asking him that question, "Daddy, why am I called by my mother's last name?" So no, I don't think he permanently broke up with you, at least, not yet. You hurt his feeligs deeply and it will take some time for that to heal. Meantime, try to make him heal sooner by contacting him again after a few more days, but not 3-4 times a day. More like a couple times a week... if you love him that is. Good luck!