Taking the initiative and making the first move(s)?

I feel like I'm the one that's always making the first move in my relationship.

I was the first to make contact

The first to text

Our first kiss was that cute/awkward about to kiss then back out kinda thing (so I'm not sure)

First to approach sex

First to say "I love you" (he's response was "i've been waiting a long time to say that")

...and I'm not usually the aggressive kind of woman

I feel like we're ready for some new steps (sexually). But I kinda wish that he would 'make the move' for once.

Anyways, I'm just curious how everyone here feels about about making the first move(s). You speak as generally about it or as specific to my situation as you like.

For instance; are you usually the one to make the first move in these circumstances I mentioned above? Do you prefer it this way or wish it was the opposite gender? If you have a preference to a specific gender to any of these which is it and why? Any strong beliefs or "rules" you follow on this topic? (i.e. "the guy should be the first to...," or "the girl should be..," ).

Any insight on why a guy might always let the woman set the pace? I mean I get that its suppose to be an equal opportunity kind of society these days (and I applaud that), but for EVERYTHING?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel it should be more equal, as in the guy you are describing should be putting in more effort since you did your part, 50/50, me being a guy I get sick and tired as to how most girls expect guys to be pro-active and pursue them, ask them out, initiate, they expect us to initiate the date and relationship, because they and life make it out to be that is part of being a Man, unfortuneately, I don't get it, but now you see what we guys have to go through

• Well in my case, speaking from past experience. I usually let the guy me the first to go for whatever "it" is but after that first time, I have no problem being proactive after that, like the 2nd time "it" occurs.

But I agree, it should be 50/50.

• remember that these stupid traditionalist believe that our testicles give us magical bravery and power

• yeah, the way I see it, so f***in' what if we have testosterone? just because we have it doesn't mean we have to use it