How can you tell if your boyfriend is cheating on you?

My ex wouldn't let me check his phone or anything and when I asked him if he had anything to hide he got mad and said I was accusing him of cheating on him and I paid for a lot of the stuff we did because he was usually broke but in the end he took advantage of that. My friend's current boyfriend works all the time and barely has any time for her and someone told her that he's been cheating on her and she asked him if it was true and he got mad and said she was accusing him. How can you know for sure if you're being cheated on if they say no?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are dating a guy, and your communication is in such a sad state that you don't know what he's doing (the basics, such as, his work schedule, and if he goes to his buddy's on Thursdays for BBQ night or whatever), then your relationship already has SERIOUS problems, even if he's not cheating.

I'm not saying that you need to keep minute-by-minute tabs on him, or that he should have to check in with you every 30 minutes, but guys who don't have anything to hide generally will say "Hey, me and the guys are going to Happy Hour on Wednesday, so I won't be home until after 10pm." They won't be secretive and try to keep that away from you, and they'll have you meet those friends and probably do things together with them on other nights.

Communication is at the very foundation of a relationship, and if you aren't communicating, it's simply not possible for the relationship to be healthy. And if you ARE communicating, it's very, very difficult to hide cheating, because most people feel guilty and usually pull back, then overcompensate. It's an easy pattern to spot.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• "How can you tell if your boyfriend is cheating on you?"

You catch him/her in the act.

Any other way is hearsay and an invasion of privacy. He wouldn't let you check his phone? I wouldn't let Jesus check my phone or anyone. It is private.

Also, being accused of cheating can cause negative feelings that can lead to the detriment of the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nobody likes to be accused of something they didn't do.

I think e desire to constantly want to check his phone is a little bit unhealthy. People also have the right to some privacy, even from a girlfriend.

With that said, if you are suspicious of him, just be sneaky about it.

If these feelings persist, where its true or not, maybe of shouldn't be with him

0|0
    0|0
  • who cares if he has other females, there is no exclusive contract between you two. it is natural embedded DNA that a male wants to spread his seed as many times as he can. Maybe you are just to much of a bitch. you are competing with many other females for his attention - what are you not doing that he wants? Most females seek out strong males to impregnate them, are you willing to submit to a man?

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm probably breaking man law here but, make sure he sees you grabbing his phone and run in the bathroom and lock the door, if he kicks the door in he's cheating on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • people who have something to hide always get mad when asked about it. plus people usually don't like telling anybody about their every move they make.

0|0
    0|0
  • You won't know without either asking or checking. Your boyfriend has to sleep and shower - two times when you can check his phone. But asking is more honest.

If he accuses you, look at him sadly and say that you were just asking a question to get to know more about him. And that you weren't being sneaky or anything, just asking up front. Then, pause for a second, look him in the eye, and say that you're shocked and upset that he'd jump at you and accuse you of something. Then, turn away, walk away, and don't respond to whatever he says. Either leave or lock yourself in a bathroom for a while.

Give him time to get mad, then get sneaky and finally get nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • he talk about another girl alot

0|0
    0|0
  • if he's accusing you of the same. typically, the offender is the one who can't handle being accused

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't tell.

You can only catch.

If you spend all your time looking for evidence of cheating, he will dump you. That's a fact.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think your gut instinct is a powerful thing. Always go with your gut.

Yes everyone likes privacy, but if someone is making the effort to completely hide everything in their phone (e.g leaving the room to put their passwords in etc), that's a bit suspect, to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • spy on him.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he is acting shady

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes