Young divorce and when to tell potential partners?

So I was married and divorced really young, it happens. This is obviously not something that you can hide from someone you might see yourself getting serious with so the question is:

At what point in the relationship do you tell the other person?

How do you bring the subject up and frame it best?

How do you respond if they react badly?

I still date fairly young women so this may not be something that had ever crossed their mind.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I would bring it up after you have been seeing them for a little bit and you know things are going well. Communication is key, but dropping too much on them early on is not a good thing to do.

I think if you decide to date the person, you should let them know before. Tell them that you want them to know so that they can make an informed decision about dating you.

If they react badly, then that's rough for them. Divorce happens, it's a part of our society now, whether we want to acknowledge that or not. I would let her know why you two divorced, was it because of infidelity, incompatibility or something else?

If once you tell them, they start getting upset. Let them know it's okay it if bothers them. It just shows you that the person obviously can't handle that situation and you two are not compatible.