Advice on how to get a guy to make the first move because we are both too scared

so I'm dating this guy but nether of us are making the first move how do I show him that I want him to make the first move any tips would help and be greatly appreciated

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well what I'm about to say is probably the last thing you want to hear but I really really REALLY think that the best move here is for you to make the first move. I've never understood why you girls feel that you need to wait for the guy to come to you. If you want to be with him and he isn't going to make the move don't beat around the bush and drop hints that you want him to. I'll let you in on a little secret: us guys are completely awful at picking up on those hints. And even if we do, it probably won't give him the bravery to make the move you want him to unless he's 100% sure which you can't do without actually coming out and saying how you feel. So yeah, make the move I'd say.

That having been said, if you aren't willing to, the best move might be to have a mutual friend tell him that you are waiting for him to make a move.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Take baby steps, he'll take the hint. First get comfortable just touching him. Graze or hold his hand. Move hair out of his face, take lint off his shirt, hold or rub his shoulder, wrap an arm around him, give him a hug. If you find an opportunity to do a lot of these things, he should feel comfortable kissing you (assuming that's what you're question is referring to). If he responds well to these touches, I'm sure they is no reason by the end of the night you can't kiss him! Remember guys fear coming off like jerks because they are moving too fast, so some are a lot slower.

As for the touching. Try to be natural. Any sort of need he has for sympathy is good, you can also try it in a flirtatious way. "oh, the waiter for got your hot sauce? Poor thing *sarcastic rub on knee or upper arm?" Kind of a stupid example, but I think you get it ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Be very feminine. When you go out somewhere before you open the door try to step back a little so he will open the door for you. They say chivalry is dead but I don't think so lol. One reason guys may feel like not making the first move is probably because they don't feel like a man. Not physically but insecure, shy. One thing that I do with my man, because he doesn't always initiate things is I do it myself. I start because sometimes it's not always the man that has to make the first move.

As far as dating, the longer you are with someone the more comfortable they tend to be with you throughout the relationship. It's gotta start somewhere or it will never grow to be anything with depth and value. Try complimenting him when he does manly things. Boost his ego a little, make him feel great, because one thing a man likes is to be told by the person he loves that he is being appreciated and valued.

0|0
    0|0
  • touch him more

0|0
    0|0
  • just flirt with him more

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes