Church with my boyfriend tomorrow?

My boyfriend wants me to go to church with him and his family goes there too.we jus became official and my Gmama thinks going to church with a boyfriend is wrong due to her belief that only married couples should go together.her reason being is because she believes that the church knows we are living in sin by having sex and being in gods house is wrong.she said that's how she grew up back and the day lol she only 61 Smh but do you think its OK to go or not? I respect her beliefs but this is twenty 13 !

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to church! To address her reasoning: everyone is a sinner - that's the point, isn't it? That's like saying sick people aren't allowed in a hospital. Your grandma is trying to make a point to you and trying to get you to stop doing stuff. I can definitely understand where she's coming from, but she's wrong here. You shouldn't just be going with him to hang out or for social reasons obviously, and that's what she may find offensive. If you are genuinely going to church tho for yourself and you wanted to be kind to her, you might just go to your own church and not go with your boyfriend to his church.

BUT you could make the argument to her that sharing religions, making sure you have compatible beliefs, and building that bond as people who support each other theologically, is one of the most important things in your relationship. It's very important to get to know how he treats his religion.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I think you should go. Your gma has a point but I don't think you should stay out of the House of God because of it. I can see where she is coming from though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure, I sure wish I could go to Church with the right girl, The church needs to progress IMO.

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh? I don't think it's right to judge which kind of people is fit to go to church.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it will be quite an experience.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• As a fellow christian, I can honestly say that't the weirdest, most nonsensical thing I've ever heard. Of course sinners are allowed in church, that's kind of the whole point of church, and God knows everything, and SEES everything, church or no church. There is only ever one answer to 'is it wrong for me to go to church' and that is a big, resounding no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's just a normal thing older people think. I don't think that's wrong to go with him and a lot fo couples like yours go to my church and they aren't married.

0|0
    0|0
  • just go with him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes