What do you think his motives are? Why do you think he pushed me away?

Advice really appreciated.

So there's this guy...he's 38 and I'm 22. We met about 4 weeks ago and have seen each other a few times. He helped me so much...drove 70 miles for me when I was in a bad situation. We've met about 4 times now and he's never tried anything on with me. I like him so much and we get on so, so well. He had a partner but she's been living abroad for 2 years now. He's got 3 kids with her.

This morning, we were talking about us. He said I make him happy, drive him crazy and he loves spending time with me...but we can never be together. He said he doesn't want to destroy my life (i'm currently training in the navy). He said he's only saying this cause he likes me too, too much. He said if we were together, he knows for a fact he won't stay with me (what ever that means!) He said his life is just messed up and I deserve someone younger, etc, and that he couldn't ever love me. But he said we can always stay friends.

In the car when he took me back, not a word was said. He looked really upset when we were saying bye.

But I just don't understand. Is he just messed up in his head...is he afraid of falling in love with me...or does he really not want to hold me back?

I don't really understand.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• you don't have to understand, he is in another time in his life and you can't do anything about it