What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you and why?

Not something whose fault is your own like, "I failed my class because I didn't study." or "my boyfriend who cheated on his girlfriend for me then cheated on me"

Something that you had no control over.
Updates:
I was kind of hoping to show myself that I'm not the only one with a bad life or that people have a worse life. Unfortunately I've experienced most of what all of you have experienced. All except inquisitive males and "my neighborhood burning down."

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Death of a parent.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• My father abandoned me at the age of 3 and quite visiting abruptly when I was supposed to be picked up for my seventh birthday. He just never showed up and that was the last I heard of him until he tried to get in contact 10 years later. What settled the matter for me is when I learned he has four other kids he never stopped seeing or supporting.

OR

I came home from school one night with a couple friends and found my mothers dealer and herself sitting on the couch smoking crack. I threw the guy out and he came back later and gave my mother some drugs to take off while him and his friends dragged me out of my bed and beat me until I was an inch from death.

You can pick which one you like best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was abused. 'Nuff said.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My parents wanted to divorce

0|0
    0|0
  • I have two stories also.

Inheriting and living with severe depression that resisted treatment and destroyed the better part of twenty years, adolescence and early adulthood. Its a horrible disease that few people can understand; it's like a fire that decimates everything and you're left to pick through the ashes for something you can salvage and those ashes are your life.

Getting severely bullied and harassed for being mentally ill by both faculty and students in a very expensive graduate school until I was left with PTSD and they kicked me out. It's taken me five years to try to recover from this experience. It confirmed my worst fears about the worst attributes of humankind and the world in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • my grandma died of cancer it was horrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • it was when this girls in school revealed all my secrets to my whole class, screaming them and I was so sad. But this guy sticked up for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Worst thing: watching my dog die

Second worst thing: watching the neighborhood I grew up in burn down

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes