Do you clean your place when moving out?

If you've ever moved out of a rental property, did you clean the place up before turning in the keys?

Example ::

Vacuum

Sweep

Dust blinds and windowsills and fans

Clean oven

Clean refrigerator/freezer

Clean bathrooms

Clean walls and doors

Things like that.

Did you do those things the last time you moved out of a rental property?
  • I cleaned everything, yes.
  • I cleaned a little, but not very much or very well.
  • No, I didn't clean anything.
    Vote C

84

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always cleaned the houses that I've lived in before moving out. It was my mess (or, partially, depending on who else was there, too) and I will take care of it.

I figure that I would be upset to discover inconsiderate neglect if I was ever to rent a property, or if I moved into one (either rental or purchase) without fully realizing the extent. People need to take responsibility, in my opinion.