Do you clean your place when moving out?

If you've ever moved out of a rental property, did you clean the place up before turning in the keys?

Example ::

Vacuum

Sweep

Dust blinds and windowsills and fans

Clean oven

Clean refrigerator/freezer

Clean bathrooms

Clean walls and doors

Things like that.

Did you do those things the last time you moved out of a rental property?
  • I cleaned everything, yes.
    Vote A
  • I cleaned a little, but not very much or very well.
    Vote B
  • No, I didn't clean anything.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always cleaned the houses that I've lived in before moving out. It was my mess (or, partially, depending on who else was there, too) and I will take care of it.

I figure that I would be upset to discover inconsiderate neglect if I was ever to rent a property, or if I moved into one (either rental or purchase) without fully realizing the extent. People need to take responsibility, in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Way too much trouble. I place a case of beer on the living room floor, then break the lock on the front door. Then I stop at the nearest homeless camp and tell the doors open and there's a case of beer on the floor. I then drop the keys off to the agent and tell him how hard I worked cleaning the place spotless. When he gets there he finds the place full of drunk homeless people, and assumes they trashed the place. Life's too short for scrubbing floors.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you're obligated to do so. I'm not sure if it's a law that obligates or the contract, but at least in Finland you have to clean the place up.

I'm moving this month and plan on doing everything but the walls and doors from your list.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and you should. It's the courteous thing to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. It's polite and proper.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I am in the process of moving and once everything is out I plan to vacuum, clean tbe fridge, oven , cupboard's and at least make it presentable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! It's common courtesy to leave the plae as you received it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted B it is the least I can do

0|0
    0|0
  • I did cos I had to otherwise the landlord will charge me for making such mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really to be honest. I just leave it be

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I did that when I was leaving, just to make it look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, always

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes