He meets my family then acts distant....

I've been on and off with my ex since we broke up. We have a lot of things to work on as individuals. He tells me he loves me still and always says he wishes things weren't so complicated. I was mad at him over a situation and we didn't talk for 3 weeks until he contacted me and we started talking again. I told him my Grandparents were in town and asked if he wanted to meet them. He agreed too and drove 45 minutes to get me and drove another 30 minutes to go meet up with my Grandparents just to visit them for an hour. He was very sweet to my Grandparents and my Grandparents really liked him a lot. After the visit things seemed to be better with us and on the way home we both discussed about us on how we wish things won't be so complicated with us in the future and that he does love me and he realized that a month after knowing me and says that I am special compared to the "other girls" he's dated before in the past. However, my friend asked him why he agreed to meet my family when him and are aren't really "together" and she told me he got nervous and discouraged and just said "uh..we're friends and I care a lot about her and she cares a lot about me and a friend would want to meet the family right?". I know that when we're together everything seems so fine and like we're making progress but right after when he see's me he backs away or becomes a little distant from me. I sent him a sexy photo and he didn't really acknowledge it and was kind of short with me...I don't know if he's stressed at work and has a lot going on or why he gets close to me then backs away for a bit...

31

Most Helpful Girl

• he might just be afraid of all the seriousness or commitment.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE