I think that I'm depressed?

I think that I'm depressed because ever since I broke up with my boyfriend in 2012 I barely laugh as much as I used to an I laugh a lot before. I always want to stay to myself all the time an listen to my music to block people off sometimes, I know that's not the best thing to do but it calms me down because I get mad so easily an I would cry at times. What I'm most worried about is him moving on because I care about him so much an we even planed on getting back together. He's the only guy that would wait for, but its like some people notice an even I notice that he still likes me but it doesn't mean that I'm gonna get him back an that what kills me the most.

Updates:
The reason that we are not together is because its just a lot of things in the way I mean like both of our parents was butting in our relationship when we was together. My parents was the one that made me break up with him an no one knows that but that's why I regret it the most an I feel really stupid about it because he was a really great guy an I messed it up.
That's why I'm so depressed.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You broke up with him and now you're worried about him moving on?

The bad news is, yes, you're depressed. The good news is, you can change that. It's as simple as deciding not to be depressed. Your outlook on life is determined by your own mind and decisions.

With any breakup, there is a period of readjustment. Take your time. You clearly need some you time to process through your emotions. But you can't worry about him moving on. If you're worried about him moving on, then put on your big girl panties and go get him back.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Well yeah you are. And that's called not moving on. Nothing we can do for you.

In my experience no reason or logic is gonna actually convince you to drop it, you're gonna either agree and carry on the same way or disagree and carry on the same way. Result will be the same. The click has got to be your own decision, and it'll happen for you once you reach a threshold where the pain is too great. All depends on how much you're willing to be hurt in exchange for, well, nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • In general, our society if pretty quick off the mark to claim depression as a clinical thing when it's a passing phase. In your case, it's been a year and you need a professional to help you get back or to identify the chemical imbalance that's causing the problem.

You also need to stop wallowing in the past. He has moved on. If he hadn't, he'd be with you right now. You need to accept that. If not, he's not even going to like you as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
    • To be honest I do understand that but its like a whole bunch of things in the way of us getting back together an we actually still talk ever since our break an we hung out maybe like 3 or 4 times I know that's not the rite thing to do though but I really understand what you mean.

• It's time for you to be a little wild and have fun without a regular guy.

• If you are not depressed now, you will get that way if you don't take some kind of ACTION. Sooner or later you'll start blaming yourself for not trying to get his attentiion..!

Even if he turns you down, it will be easier to get back into life if you know once and for all if he still wants to spend time with you.

Not knowing if what's depressing you. Maybe you're afraid to find out? Hey, even if he says no, you're going to be in a better frame of mind.

Why not get a new icon? Your current one is depressing!

0|0
    0|0
    • But we are still friends an he already knows how I feel an I still talk to him a lot I know its not the best thing in the world but what I'm most worried about is him turning me down. Its really hard to jus dropped someone that I like for a long time you know what I mean.

• Isn't it better to get turned down, because then you'd know where you stand? Otherwise, you're stewing in your own juice, wondering how he feels about you?

• In short there is probably some sort of depression going on, but probably not to the extent that it would be indentified by a therapist as true depression but rather a bout of depression brought on my some life experience that will pass.

the real goal is to just move on from this guy. stop seeing him as your ex-bf and just an ex. stop thinking in terms of you two possibly getting back together. let yourself see the possibilities that life has to offer and you will start realizing that pining over this guy that, for whatever reason, isn't into. there is world of guys and friends to make that will help you move past this guy. you are way too young to be hung up on one person who doesn't reciprocate your feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, be glad you don't have to initiate anything since you are a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Break ups can really be very very painful. I understand your suffering. Mine took years to heal. I am embarrassed to write here how long. However knowing that other people went through your experience might help you lift up your heart a bit. If you think that he still likes you I think it seems reasonable to try and work things out with him by being very honest to each other and communicating very clearly indeed. Despite this suggestion that I am giving you I did not do it myself. Hatred and pride consumed the best part of my heart. It's like I would not be willing to risk rejection and talk submissively to her. But maybe you can do it so good luck with that :)

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• 18 to 24 years old is still so young and I don't think you should hold one person on a pedestal this way. While its hard to imagine when you're in love or infatuated with someone there ARE other people out there. I think you need to try really hard to let him go, especially if he has moved on, and work on meeting new people so you can move on as well. This is not the only guy you will ever meet and he is not the only one that can show you love. Yes this part of dating really hurts but you need to continue to put yourself out there.

If you seriously think that you have depression then I suggest you seek professional help from a therapist. They can help you sort out your feelings and whatever else you need to improve your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • well you can't say anythign now because you broke up with him even if it was just for your parents.

0|0
    1|0
  • well I think you can change that by exercising, once you star you feel more energy and happiness. and just try and meet other guys.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes