Do girls like it when a guy can cry or do they hate that?

So my Ex-girlfriend's dig died she was crying like crazy everyone was exept me it was just there with a look on my face. And let's say someone I love dies I don't gets sad I get mad I punched a tree till my arm broke. So do girl find it weird or do they like that

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, when this happens everybody has their own way of dealing with, and these can come in various forms hence her crying and your punching.

Some girls like it when guys cry occasionally as it shows guys do have a softer side and a heart inside them.

Some girls like it when guys punch things as it shows they're protective of what they care about and again have a heart inside them.

I would have to say that it depends on the girl and without knowing that said girl, nobody could really tell you.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• I am a girl, and I don't really care how you take out your grief. Everyone handles it in different ways. I have a bad way of holding it in and pretending I am fine until I am alone and having a melt-down. So I have no room to judge.

I mean, I would probably lean more towards the punching thing because you see more pain there truly, or, at least, I do. I also know better how to comfort pain like that.

I lam okay with crying. I think it shows great passion for whatever happened. It shows that you felt a lot there, too. I am not very good at comforting that, I will admit.

I prefer having the guy as the stronger one in the relationship. I don't want a guy who cries a lot. I really just don't like that, and I feel like you should really be stronger instead of crying all the time.

I most certainly do not hate guys crying when hurt or guys using anger to show pain. I really do want you to be able to show emotion, and both do. I just don't want you to cry all the time or to be unable of showing emotion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are usually raised with the mentality that crying shows weakness. Getting mad like you do, in the case of a death, shows your internal frustration with having no control over the situation. I think women tend to understand more that we have no control over death and go straight to mourning the being that was lost. If a girl doesn't learn who you are and how you tick, or judges you for how you deal with things, then she is not the right girl for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • For something like your girlfriend's dog its not someone very close to you so no its not a case to cry. But I do think it takes a real man to show his emotions when someone dies close to them or something happens that is truly devasting. I as a girl wouldn't like to be with a guy who is crying over the little things, but is something tragic occurs then it is perfectly fine to let out your emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'd like an overly emotional guy. Someone who would cry at sad movies and such - although it wouldn't really matter much. But yes, I think it's important to express your feelings in a healthy way (crying) when the situation calls for it for example a death of someone important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting angry would be a normal reaction, I think. My boyfriend isn't really emotional, and that's fine, but if he was I'd still be fine with it. As long as you're expressing yourself in a healthy way (not sure how much good punching trees would be) I think that's what you should keep doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • hate it. Only girls cry. Just like the saying girls don't poop. well men don't cry.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it when people cry in front of me, because I have no idea what to say or what to do, and I feel awful. But I understand that everyone does need to cry sometimes, and I won't judge anyone for crying or think badly of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate or love it. I would hate if you were a cry baby. But I would appreciate if you did cry around me, because you're showing me your vulernarable side. It take a lot for a guy to do, especially in front of a girl. You know, with society saying "real men don't cry." Just show me some kind of emotion, crying or not crying, to show me that you're human.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, as long as you aren't an alien life form or something, you are a human you should be able to show some empathy we are all human beings you know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to blame a guy for crying, but I rarely cry myself so I feel weird when I have a boyfriend who's more emotional than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't really care. I actually love guys who are sensitive and vulnerable sometimes, because it shows that they're human. Just as long as they aren't a cry-baby all the time and they're able to be strong or brave sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • hey I put up a question bout this and got good feedback, check it out on my questions if your interested:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a guy who can show emotion and if that's by crying when something sad has happened I don't hate that. But I don't want a guy that is going to start sobbing at everything in life and I don't think I'd want a guy that's going to punch a tree until his arm breaks either, not so into hot heads. But your best answer is right in that everyone handles emotions differently and I'd be happy as long as he was dealing with it in a healthy way. Channel his emotions into something productive if he cannot show them, like punch something that is meant to be punched... a punching bag lol. Or even a pillow...

0|1
    0|0
  • If its somebody you hold dear just let it out. But a guy starts crying when watching a Meg Ryan movie um hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • i want to see boys I like showing their emotions sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • id punch something too. I hate it when people cry. only allowed if you're crying from laughter

0|0
    0|0
  • Tere is nothing wrong with crying everyone is human

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls like it

0|0
    1|0
  • Its cute

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it because he's not afraid of being vulnerable.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 1

• Women say they like a man who shows emotions and cries but their actions just the opposite, over and over again. Women like men who are strong and stoic, period.

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes