Should I break up with him?

I've been with my fiance for 9 months and I love him but we're always fighting. I've changed so much since being with him, not for the better. I've become crazy jealous and insecure. I used to be quite a dominant person, like I wouldn't let anyone tell me what to do, but now I feel like I'm always pushed into a corner. I'm not allowed to talk about things he doesn't want to talk about, but he can talk about things I hate all the time. I'm not allowed to be unhappy without there being a reason, but I have to be extra nice whenever he's unhappy. He makes me cry every single day but I don't have the strength to break up with him. I blame myself for every single thing that's gone wrong in our relationship.. and he agrees with me. I'm fed up of hurting.

86

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand how a girl can be with a guy for 9 months and love him when they're fighting all the time and he's making her cry every single day. That just doesn't make any sense to me. That's the total opposite of being happy. Plus you've changed from how you were before being with him to worst and you have to explain the reasons for your feelings while he gets a way scott-free. Let me say this. If anything is going to change in your relationship that makes it better it's going to have to be your changing or his changing. It won't happen by itself. Since he's turned you upside down and in a completely different direction, I'd say the sooner you leave him the better and forget trying to accommodating him. You are going to get blamed no matter what you do. Each person can only take care of themselves and change direction in their lives. No one else can do it for us. I'd hate to guess how and where you'll end up if you stay with him. I don't see where you guys have anything in common that can counter his onslaughts of differences. Leave while you still have you sanity. You've been in a stinky room that you've gotten used to. Once you're out into the fresh air, you'll wonder why you stayed in there as long as you did. I can see why you'd become insecure, but what ever makes you get crazy jealous. If you stay with him thinking it'll get better or that he'll change and start treating you better and with more respect. you haven't seen anything yet. A marriage could never survive this for more than a year or two unless you decide you love being in the designated corner he's put you in and are willing to stay there for as long as he keeps you there. If you're fed up with hurting, then it's time to bail out. Good luck!